Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-12-2009, 03:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Offroadme
dude i have a front driveshaft for a 4dr i got a new one and they are not going to be able to fix the boot. they are going to tell you you need a new DS you can have mine if you want it's cake to change. or you can always upgrade. mine is just sitting on my shelf in my garage incase someone needs it. cause i sure don't. i did the yolk conversion so it's yours if you want we can add that to out list of things to do

F the dealer tell them you got a new one or something cause i will tell you what they are going to do they are going to say they took it off and they are going to have to order a new one and they don't have it. and need to order one and your going to be screwed.
Do you mean to tell me they will want to replace an entire drive shaft (the main one going to the rear, not the fronts) because the hose clamp-like clamp broke off? The plastic boot is still in place. They can't replace just the clamp or even the boot and clamp? If that's the case, I'll take a new drive shaft and save the old one! maybe sell it on ebay?

Again we're talking about the main drive shaft here.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

off i have the front DS it's in perfect shape i did not get a new rear one yet but if the boot is busted they will tell you you need a new one and it's not covered. i know there are plenty of people on here that have went to get it fixed ad the dealer said they can't that they need a new DS
Old 05-12-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Super Freak

hummmm... if its huntington jeep I would say maybe just tell them the deal... that hey, if your going to give me some line about a new DS then just do no work and tell me now... Huntington has been REALLY straight foward and REALLY accomodating for me so far... Its actually the only time in my life a dealership has been really helpful, classy, and not tried to fuck me over a thousand times... and I have had everything from toyota's which are supposed to be great with coverage to my last car a benz which was supposed to be customer satisfaction dedicated... I would never buy another toyota or benz again... and I love benz cars I just think they are such scumbag dealers that I cant bring myself to do it again...

Huntington Jeep might be worth a shot if you tell them... if you cant just fix the boot clamp, then dont bother touching it.... and I will come back another day...

From the 4-5 times I have dealt with them since I got my truck, they have been totally cool... again I think they would be foward about it like.. oh yea you are going to need this done, bring he back when you can... (and cover it) rather then not tell you and then try to stick ya in the end.... (rear end)...
Old 05-12-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Interesting that dealers have been this way.....but i suppose it totally doesn't surprise me. I've yet had to bring in my Jeep for service, but Merrick Dodge/Jeep of Wantagh had been very good with my SRT when i brought it to them for warranty service (and the car was no longer stock).
Old 05-12-2009, 06:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, so far Huntington HAS been good. I'll do just as you say and see what happens. Good plan. Be straight and hope to get what I give.
Old 05-12-2009, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

not looking good weather wise for the weekend. i might rig up a tarp to the outside of the garage friday night this way we have some room outside of the garage to stand and stuff. there is a 40% chance of thunderstorms sat so i guess we will see once it gets closer. the weather man as i have stated in the past is a retard as for all weather men and women. they are all just dumb. im coming back as an over paid weather person in my next life. look out the windows report to people on tv what i see and get paid 6 figures sorry i tend to rant about weather men hahaha they just piss me off. see yall saturday. my axel gussets are going to be here tomorrow but there is no way im welding them on got to watch the caps and the pens game 7 its going to be a good one.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Offroadme
not looking good weather wise for the weekend. i might rig up a tarp to the outside of the garage friday night this way we have some room outside of the garage to stand and stuff. there is a 40% chance of thunderstorms sat so i guess we will see once it gets closer. the weather man as i have stated in the past is a retard as for all weather men and women. they are all just dumb. im coming back as an over paid weather person in my next life. look out the windows report to people on tv what i see and get paid 6 figures sorry i tend to rant about weather men hahaha they just piss me off. see yall saturday. my axel gussets are going to be here tomorrow but there is no way im welding them on got to watch the caps and the pens game 7 its going to be a good one.
Haha well I for one feel bad for weathermen. It's not easy when meteorology as a whole is an unpredictable study of ever changing and random patterns. It's not their fault, they just report it how they can currently see it. If anything, blame mother nature
Old 05-13-2009, 05:32 AM
JK Super Freak

sweet just called for an update on my tires the trucking company said i should hear from them today to setup a drop off time. hoping i have them by the weekend. gussets are going to be here today leaving work early to weld them on the jeep. one less thing to do on sat.

now im counting down
Old 05-13-2009, 05:47 AM
JK Super Freak

what do the gaussets do?? (dumb question?) hahah

as for weather... they said it was going rain yesterday with a chance of thunderstorms 30% on weather .com

umm I played softball after work and got a tan.... I saw one drop of rain hit the windshield on the way home but it was more like bird pee or something... I left the top down over night just to mock the weather perdictions and wam this morning its sunny as hell and clear blue skies...

Weather people do have easy jobs...

I am going to talk to mother nature and see if I can get her to hold off the wrath till saturday night... that way sunday I can go hunting for big puddles... hahahaha
Old 05-13-2009, 05:55 AM
JK Super Freak

the gussets re enforce the front axle. do a search for axle gussets on the forum you will see what im talking about. good to have when you are wheeling with 35's on that weak ass front 30 we have

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY