Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-12-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man, it's all good. I'm quite the lightweight myself. Nothing to be ashamed of. Just means it's cheaper for you to have a good time

I'm really excited now. I put one of the tires on my spare carrier just to get me even more psyched. I should have no trouble at all with fitting the other three right in the back to bring Em on up
Old 05-12-2009, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Heres a few pics:

Old 05-12-2009, 07:34 AM
JK Super Freak

i dont know how you guys are waiting so long to put in these lifts. we put mine in the day after it came in i just couldnt wait hahaa have fun putting those lifts in boys ill be in rausch, i expect to see a fleet of long island teraflex lifted jeeps when i come back
Old 05-12-2009, 07:35 AM
JK Super Freak

I am pretty much just head down trucking through work for the last two days... like yea yea yea yea doesnt matter yea yea yea blah blah blah yea yea yea whatever... go home and go to bed as quickly as possiable just so I wake up in the morning and its one day closer... hahahahaha

Steaks are going to be marinating and set up thursdayish so they are ready for the grill..... woohooo...

and no worries about the light weights hahaha I am sure it will keep our host happy when there is TONS of left over beer hahah

Also I wont be drinking like its happy hour or anything hahah I will end up with 5'' lift up front and stock height in the back ??? !?!?

hahaha
Old 05-12-2009, 07:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by joey2times
I am pretty much just head down trucking through work for the last two days... like yea yea yea yea doesnt matter yea yea yea blah blah blah yea yea yea whatever... go home and go to bed as quickly as possiable just so I wake up in the morning and its one day closer... hahahahaha

Steaks are going to be marinating and set up thursdayish so they are ready for the grill..... woohooo...

and no worries about the light weights hahaha I am sure it will keep our host happy when there is TONS of left over beer hahah

Also I wont be drinking like its happy hour or anything hahah I will end up with 5'' lift up front and stock height in the back ??? !?!?

hahaha
hahahaha 5' in the front and stock in the back that would be funny. i think 5 in the back and stock on the front would look kinda cool.
Old 05-12-2009, 07:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BBirish
i dont know how you guys are waiting so long to put in these lifts. we put mine in the day after it came in i just couldnt wait hahaa have fun putting those lifts in boys ill be in rausch, i expect to see a fleet of long island teraflex lifted jeeps when i come back
I know its been eating my guts out that its sitting in my living room but hey this is going to be one hell of a good time

it was spend 500+ to get this put in at some place and have some kid do it who doesnt care about what he is doing...

orrr drink beers meet some fellow jeepers and eat good food and learn some stuff

believe me, I am ITCHING to get this in!!! hahahah

and BBrish we neeeeed to have a beach run!!!

also have fun at the creek man... I CANNOT wait to go back after I have the lift and some tires... I took her there stock and it was amazing but it was to the soundtrack of bang's and rock on metal scraping... hahaha
still I was absolutely amazed at the cappability of this thing stock!
Old 05-12-2009, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

side note....

we def need to remember to take before and after pics and lift height measurements so we can see just how much difference the same kit is for each jeep with different tops and options and stuff

ahahhaha I really need to stop posting hahahaha this is like 10 messages in 2 mins...
Old 05-12-2009, 07:48 AM
JK Super Freak

ehh it's ok. post away i can't wait for the weekend. it can't come fast enough. if my tires are here on friday i am taking off of work so i can get them mounted and balanced
Old 05-12-2009, 10:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

think Steve Martin's movie The Jerk:
MY NEW LIFT KIT IS HERE!
MY NEW LIFT KIT IS HERE!
Old 05-12-2009, 10:27 AM
JK Super Freak

I have offically convinced myself that I need to now get 35's

18x9 rockstars in black (BOOOOO I KNOWWW... but I like them ) and 35x12.50 nitto mud grapplers.

I got a place down to 2300 for 5 mounted balanced and shipped to my door. not too shabby they have those tires for about 265 a piece and I have never seen them that cheap.

I might get a set of 4 shipped first for 1868.84 and then pick up the spare tire when $$ alows... its about 487.44 for each rim/tire mounted balanced and shipped to my door. (it gets a lil cheaper the more you order due to shipping)

what do you guys think... ?

I was also thinking the ballistic jester wheels in black but they are about 200$ a rim so the price goes up about 35$ per wheel.

I am 99% sure I want mud grapplers and 99% sure I want black 18's
I turned away from 20's because I couldnt afford 37'' or bigger... and 20's on 35's looks freaking sweat, but it destroys any ability to air down alot and go mashing through RC trails hahaha couldnt have that... 18's will take less of a beating (not that concerned if they get a few rashes... just dont want to pay for 20's and have them cracked and mashed to bits... hahaha

now its just a matter of saving $$$ and making it happen by the goal.... Flag day hahaha

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY