Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Long Island, NY

Old 05-10-2009, 05:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well weather is looking good for the weekend guys i can't wait for the lift party

worked until 5 am this morning so i got plenty of overtime in. might take off friday so i can maybe go pick up some tires going to make a few calls this week. also going to try and get the YJ out of my garage that my friend bought so we would have both sides of the garage.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Offroadme
well weather is looking good for the weekend guys i can't wait for the lift party

worked until 5 am this morning so i got plenty of overtime in. might take off friday so i can maybe go pick up some tires going to make a few calls this week. also going to try and get the YJ out of my garage that my friend bought so we would have both sides of the garage.
That would be cool to have double the space inside. But if its gonna be real nice that day, workin outside might even be nicer! So what time do ya figure we should all shoot to get there by? And what kinda beer do ya like?

Adam, awesome pics. I bet all the kids love you there!
Old 05-10-2009, 07:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Any time is good for me.

As for the weather, well, wasn't it supposed to rain all weekend this weekend? You're right, those guys suck!

Yes, I'm very popular with the kids. I think I'm actually one of those cool dads that has cool toys! (Jeep, convertible Muscle car, etc)
Old 05-10-2009, 07:46 PM
JK Super Freak

i saw we start around 10 i love bud light too my fav beer for sure
Old 05-11-2009, 03:28 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Offroadme
i say we start around 10 i love bud light too my fav beer for sure
10am it is. Beer. Burgers. Dogs? Are did someone say steaks too?

oh, and I'm coming stag - no kids. So I will actually be able to concentrate on my task at hand (which is to say, the beer and BBQ after we finish the lift!)

I'll start a roll call and then we can add who's bringing what so we don't wind up with all beer and no buns, if you know what I mean. Mark, how does this sound, we'll each bring an ingrediant plus a 12 pack of Bud Lite so that you are stocked up for the summer BBQ season. Anyone else have suggestions, I'm totally open and just want to be courteous to our gracious host.

Adam (AdamIsAdam) - 1 person - burgers + 12 pack
Vin (Snickterp) - __ person - ______ + 12 pack
Joey? (joey2times) - __ person - ______ + 12 pack
Mark (Offroadme) - __ person - HIS GARAGE AND TOOLS AND BBQ!!!

(so copy and paste to update this info)

Did I miss anyone? Will any onlookers be joining us? Speak now or forever have no food available to eat!!!

Last edited by adamisadam; 05-11-2009 at 03:30 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by adamisadam
10am it is. Beer. Burgers. Dogs? Are did someone say steaks too?

oh, and I'm coming stag - no kids. So I will actually be able to concentrate on my task at hand (which is to say, the beer and BBQ after we finish the lift!)

I'll start a roll call and then we can add who's bringing what so we don't wind up with all beer and no buns, if you know what I mean. Mark, how does this sound, we'll each bring an ingrediant plus a 12 pack of Bud Lite so that you are stocked up for the summer BBQ season. Anyone else have suggestions, I'm totally open and just want to be courteous to our gracious host.

Did I miss anyone? Will any onlookers be joining us? Speak now or forever have no food available to eat!!!
I am comming Stag too most likely... but if someone does end up comming with me they will be bringing a beers too... haha

Vin (Snickterp) - __ person - ______ + 12 pack
Joey? (joey2times) - _1_ person - _Steaks_ + 12 packs

Old 05-11-2009, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joey2times
I am comming Stag too most likely... but if someone does end up comming with me they will be bringing a beers too... haha
As far as I know, I'll be coming alone too. My buddy who owns a TJ may join us, but not sure yet.

Oh and good news, my wheels and tires have arrived!! They're sitting in my garage right now! I'm gonna try a test fit later in the afternoon.

Vin (Snickterp) - 1 person - hot dogs (if we want them) all types of buns needed + 12 pack
Joey? (joey2times) - 1 person - _Steaks_ + 12 packs

Last edited by Snickterp; 05-11-2009 at 07:23 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:28 AM
JK Junkie

Vin (Snickterp) - 1 person - hot dogs (if we want them) all types of buns needed + 12 pack
Joey (joey2times) - 1 person - Steaks + 12 packs
Mark (Offroadme) - ___person - HIS GARAGE AND TOOLS AND BBQ!!!

OK. So it looks like a small gathering. I think Vin and I should also get salads (ie, cole slaw, potato salad, etc). Joey, you get good steaks and that'll be great. Vin, may was well grab a package of dogs. good snack food while we're doing the lifts and marinating the steaks. I'll get GOOD burgers (ie, maybe Kobe or something).

And maybe we should all just get a case and not one 12 pack so Mark is nicely stocked for the summer. Again, I'M TOTALLY open. And also, I'm not trying to take over, I'm just trying to organize the thoughts that were expressed earlier in this thread. Is that ok for everyone?

See you at 10am Saturday!!!
Old 05-11-2009, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

someone on the forum asked me if his buddy can come with his TJ needs help with a BB aswell i told him it was no problem i don't discriminate a jeep is a jeep so we will have one more person there. should be a fun day im looking forward to it. now the weather says maybe rain. these weather men are morons.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

no problems with someone being organized for us hahahahhaha If I took the head on trying to get us all together, we would be meeting later and we would end up having no food just booze hahahaha everyone would show up with tequlia like hey wait... Joe said tole MEEE to bring the tequlia!! hahahahaha

10am sounds good...

I still need to PM ya for directions

as for the steaks, You will not be disappointed... AT ALL.

I was guna bring more then just a 12 prob one for me and one for our gracious host again though... with us all bringing stuff I think we are going to be more then good to go... no one feel pressured into bringing too much stuff cus I think we will be good to go no matter what

I am like a 4 year old... I am counting the hours in the day... and the days in the week... I cannot WAIT to get this installed

oh and I checked quardatec again... they think they are going to get the front mats in by friday... with 1 day shipping I might just get them in time

Quick Reply: Long Island, NY