Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

JK Fest Reading PA Area Jeepers

Old 10-08-2008, 07:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up JK Fest Reading PA Area Jeepers

OK, so we are heading up to the JK Fest at Rausch Creek for the day on Saturday. I am trying to get a few other Jeeps to drive up with me, so if anyone wants to get in on the Jeep convoy, please let me know so I can tell you where we are meeting up. I know there are a handful of you in York and Lancaster, so it might not be out of the way. It should only take us about 45 minutes to get there, but I would like to be on the road by 7:00am.

If I get a head count, I will get some coffee and doughnuts for everyone.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

i d go up with ya but we are leaving friday night so i can get a campsite for my camper. sorry bud!
Old 10-08-2008, 05:03 PM
JK Freak

No worries, I am sure someone from the area might be heading up on Saturday morning. If not I will see everyone there anyway. I can't believe how excited I am about this! If you plan on finding a camping spot I would suggest getting there early as I bet the spots will go quickly. What kind of camper do you have? Are you towing it up with your JK or is it the type that you would be towing the JK with? I have not towed with ours yet, but will be taking the boat out the weekend following the JK Fest so we'll see.
Old 10-08-2008, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

it is a 1978 starcraft popup. it weighs about 2000 lbs loaded up nad was ok with 3.21 and 33" tires. now i hae 35's and same old 3.21's! i towed it to my parents about 3 weeks ago in tioga county and it is all up mountains. got about 13 mpg and on the 2 lane roads up to Danville i had it down in 3rd at about 3500 rpm. pulled good. up on rt 15 towards williamsport doing 60 to 65 mph in 4th and 5th pulling about 3000 rpm was good.

i think i will be ok friday night. blue mountain guys aren t coming up till saturday morning and the KOA or KBG or what ever it is.... is alos coming saturday. i already talked to a my best friend in the jeep club and she said that i would be able to park it in the parking lot. soooooo!!! yippee!
Old 10-08-2008, 06:06 PM
JK Freak

Sweet, Pop-Ups are the best of both worlds. You get the feeling of being outside, while having some of the comforts of home. I had one a while back and am thinking it might be a good idea to get another one sometime. I just picked up a boat this summer and am looking for a project Jeep now, so after that.

See you there.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:22 AM
JK Freak

Anyone leaving from Reading PA area tomorrow morning?

I thought there would be a rather large group. Guess not.

Quick Reply: JK Fest Reading PA Area Jeepers