Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

JK FEST from long island

Old 10-08-2008, 10:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so do you think we could be on the road by maybee 1 pm friday , i think that would be a good time to go if it works for you , and racer , did you hook up with any other jk guys that r going , or is it just the 3 of us
Old 10-08-2008, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sounds like I plan, since Racer is down the road from me, we will meet up and head over twoards your area. I wish I could get a CB, in time, so far I just can get a scanner from my friend so I can listen in. I do have 5 FRS radios though.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

bring the radios , im going to try to get a cb tommorrow but if i dont , the radios will help, did you see piginajeep totaled his jeep last night... i offered to take him and his wife in my jeep but hes gotten a bunch of other offers too , im sure he doesnt want to go on the bunnie trails with me , but he did put this whole thing together and it would suck if after all that work he cant come .. what are you doing for food , bringing sandwiches , ectthinking about bringing heros , bagels ect
Old 10-08-2008, 12:03 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1pm works for me,
I made a deal with 2k2wrangler (Ryan) and Im getting his winch and bumper So once we get ther Ill more than likely be wrenching for a few hours. I dont know if you guys do any drinking, but there is a bar called "Mustangs" not too far from RC that we might go to Friday night.

And Vinny, if you end up letting anyone use your radios, write down their names or something because you will more than likely forget who you lent them to (dont ask me how I know)..

Also, Im more than likely going to be guiding a trail on Saturday, and its going to be pretty easy trails.. Heres some pics of them. If they look somewhat like the difficulty rating your interedted in doing, it would be cool if we could stick together.

Old 10-08-2008, 12:09 PM
JK Junkie

heres a video from a different day but of mostly the same trails (minus the trails with the rushing water where the red rock JK got stuck and where the rescue green jk hits the tree, those are a bit harder than what i want to run)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2iLS-Bhgu8

Last edited by racer83l; 10-08-2008 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

racer can we run these trails with open difs and no skids , if we can im down for it, let me know
Old 10-08-2008, 12:45 PM
JK Junkie

as long as you still have the skids your JK came with, then your good to go. I also have open diffs they werent a problem at all. The JK's are very good with open diffs.

The only added protection I have is the enhanced mopar rails, but they never hit anything.. IF you have the side steps I would advise you remove them, I ruined a set my first trip out to Rausch Creek (they hang rather low)
Old 10-08-2008, 01:03 PM
JK Junkie

Also, a quick phone list: Joe - 631-974-4435
Old 10-08-2008, 01:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

You selling your old bumper? I would be interested in it eventually.

1 Pm it is then.

Anyway, Vinny: 631-433-1104
Old 10-08-2008, 01:23 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by VINdecent
You selling your old bumper? I would be interested in it eventually.

Unfortunately, my bumper is part of the deal for the setup im getting.

you know whats sucks about Long Island... finding a store that sells CB's..

too bad Best Buy doesnt sell handhelds, buy it, use it for the weekend, then return it.

I searched hi and low before I bought mine on the internet. I ended up getting the Midland 75-822 its a handheld but can be used in a permanent installation and it comes with everything you need to make it permenent minus the antenna. It works well as a handheld for wheeling.

Quick Reply: JK FEST from long island