Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

JK fest Extreme Group....

Old 10-07-2008, 02:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HUNTER
Haven't been following thread. Can I fill out paperwork there or need to pre-register?
I think if you are gonna pre register you need to get them faxed in to Piginajeep by today. But you can still register there, I believe they are taking registration Friday evening from 5-6pm.

Here you go, found the thread..

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/east-coast-51/east-coast-jk-details-important-preliminary-itinerary-56046/
Old 10-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Former Member

Hunter, we will have registration in the mornings each day. If you have a RC membership, we just need you to stop at our tent and fill out 4 Wheel Drive Hardware's waiver. Or print it out and bring it with you. I can't guarantee you will get the T-shirt size you want however. You will still get a sticker and raffle ticket.

usgaone, you should be able to cover some good ground, there are only like 6 in your group.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

i can t decide if i want to run exteme or agressive. i ve been on 13 and yellow jacket and snake bite. i am ready to run true blacks but i don t want to do mud or water and i don t like exteme hill climbs or off camber peroid! i want to push it but i think i might wait and do it with someone who knows the parks extremely well and knows what my limits are. i might run the agressive group on saturday and run with my friends that are staying over saturday night with the blue mountian on the rocks and run blacks and reds with them guys, no offense tyler but i just don t want to "influenced" into something i don t want to do. i can t afford to roll the thing over because it has to get me home with a camper on sunday and to work on monday.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi Guys,

I have signed up for the extreme but that is due to my not knowing what you consider extreme ...? the stuff I do up here is pretty rough.. I run the Laurtentien Mountains and Calabogie Mountains with the Gorge and Quinn etc. BFG Trail 08 some Black stuff
But I as well must drive home in the Rubi so I have to consider that as well..

Zeb
Old 10-07-2008, 06:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by greasemonkey85
i can t decide if i want to run exteme or agressive. i ve been on 13 and yellow jacket and snake bite. i am ready to run true blacks but i don t want to do mud or water and i don t like exteme hill climbs or off camber peroid! i want to push it but i think i might wait and do it with someone who knows the parks extremely well and knows what my limits are. i might run the agressive group on saturday and run with my friends that are staying over saturday night with the blue mountian on the rocks and run blacks and reds with them guys, no offense tyler but i just don t want to "influenced" into something i don t want to do. i can t afford to roll the thing over because it has to get me home with a camper on sunday and to work on monday.
To each their own, I never force anyone to do something they are not comfortable with, let alone not willing to do. If you're more comfortable with your friends, by all means, go with them. You really won't hurt my feelings. I really don't want to roll my rig either, as I intend to drive it home Sunday as well, and it's 120 miles home for me.

That's why I want to start a little bit easy, and see what people are capable of, and what they want to do. I don't do MUD! or Deep water, I don't have a snorkel, but I am willing to winch/strap you out of any situation you are willing to get yourself into. As for Rocks, I love rock crawling, and the challenges. I don't mind hillclimbs, but I don't like sidehills anymore!

So for the "Extreme" group, well start on some Blue trails, and get a feel for what people are comfortable with and what people are interested in attempting. I'm not into this to break everyone's rigs.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well Then....

I am with you.. glad we are on the same page.. I am a trail Leader up here and sit on the board of directors to the EOTB so I have many years and trails under the ever so tightening belt... he he...

Put me down for extreme for sure

Zeb
Old 10-07-2008, 07:16 PM
JK Super Freak

I've been wheeling for many years! I've wheeled East coast, and West coast. I've wheeled a bunch in Colorado. Been and done a lot, wheeled at Rausch Creek for the last couple of years. Wheeled at Paragon before that, for several years. I can't promise anything, but I'm not into tearing up my jeep. However, there are always a few who are determined to wreck their jeeps, and I'll happily watch if they are hell bent on destroying something. Otherwise I prefer everyone able to meet up in the staging area and share good tales.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by usgaone
I've been wheeling for many years! I've wheeled East coast, and West coast. I've wheeled a bunch in Colorado. Been and done a lot, wheeled at Rausch Creek for the last couple of years. Wheeled at Paragon before that, for several years. I can't promise anything, but I'm not into tearing up my jeep. However, there are always a few who are determined to wreck their jeeps, and I'll happily watch if they are hell bent on destroying something. Otherwise I prefer everyone able to meet up in the staging area and share good tales.
Thats why I like wheeling with you!

I think I might join your group on Sunday (Paul is still undecided)
Old 10-07-2008, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

I would like to run on Sunday as well if possible so put me down for Sunday
I appreciate your take on fellow offroaders.... some I watch after concerned warnings and then shake my head.. only to see their drive shafts hit the ground or their rear axels split in half.. Great a trail fix ..... hooray! just what we all wanted to do..... Good thing they are in the minority but always exist on runs..?

Zeb/Rod
Old 10-07-2008, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usgaone
Ok Guys and Gals:

I'm apparently leading the Extreme group. I;d like to know a little about people's experience wheeling? Wheeling at Rausch? If at Rausch, what Trails have you run? Would like to run?

By the way, I'll be in the 2dr Silver Rubicon, that's slightly modified.....

Tyler
Alright, I am a definate for Sat.
Say again, good to go, over.

Quick Reply: JK fest Extreme Group....