Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Convoy run to JK Fest from Canada

Old 10-05-2008, 10:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Convoy run to JK Fest from Canada

Ok guys the Canucks have sorted out some timing issues and it looks like stuff is getting set in stone.

A bunch of us will be meeting on the Canadian side of the Ivy Lea bridge at around 0815 or 0830. From there we will go in a convoy basically down 81 right into PA. My GPS is telling me it is about 5.5 hours straight there so we bank on getting to the hotel around 2 or 3 on Friday 10 Oct 08

It would be extremely cool to link up with others, as of right now we have I think about 7 JKs crossing.

So obviously if we see anyone pulled over or what not at a gas station we will pull in. We wont be hard to miss as I think the majority of us will be running the Canadian Flag somewhere on our rigs.

As far as I know we will only be doing a few stops, one for lunch and the rest for your cheap gas lol. The stops should be right off the main drag so we can be seen and link up with others. The goal would be to wheel into PA with like 20 or more, that would be nice. So if anyone is going by and sees a group of JKs with some guys in toques frying up back bacon on the side of the road sitting on our chesterfields...thats us...(not really, it isnt toque weather yet )

We will be on Ch 4 on the CBs

Most of us are also staying at the Comfort Inn, so if you want to come and gawk and us like we are zoo animals so be it.

Other than that we are a good bunch of guys (jesus we are Canadian. ALL of us are) and I for one invite anyone to my room to tip a beer or two. I am however staying with some guy from PA (Rock Sniper) so he has dibs on the second bed. Unless he snore way too loud then I am auctioning it off

Looking forward to meeting all of you.....and for the record we dont know Joe in Toronto, and yes we ALL live in igloos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRI-A3vakVg

Last edited by dyolfknip; 10-05-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:13 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
whe do you guys expect to be in PA ? i-81 around scranton
I imagine between 1400-1500
Old 10-05-2008, 11:17 AM
JK Freak

Yup....looking forward to meeting you yankees!
*cornholes* and all!

Slightly off topic, but I know pretty much all of the Canadian crew are into watching the UFC...and interestingly enough there is a fight on Saturday night. Even more exciting is St.Pierre is fighting Fitch....Canadian vs. American! Could make for some friendly competition while we have a beer or two! Anyone know of somewhere close by where we can watch it?

Can't wait guys!!! I'm pumped!
Old 10-05-2008, 11:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Yup....looking forward to meeting you yankees!
*cornholes* and all!

Slightly off topic, but I know pretty much all of the Canadian crew are into watching the UFC...and interestingly enough there is a fight on Saturday night. Even more exciting is St.Pierre is fighting Fitch....Canadian vs. American! Could make for some friendly competition while we have a beer or two! Anyone know of somewhere close by where we can watch it?

Can't wait guys!!! I'm pumped!
Oh man I totally didnt think about that. If anyone has a FTA Sat we could always hook that up in the room, but it would be nice to find a local watering hole to watch it at. Preferably with scantily clad waitresses
Old 10-05-2008, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Oh man I totally didnt think about that. If anyone has a FTA Sat we could always hook that up in the room, but it would be nice to find a local watering hole to watch it at. Preferably with scantily clad waitresses
Sounds like a plan. St. Pierre is the man!
Old 10-05-2008, 11:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Ok guys the Canucks have sorted out some timing issues and it looks like stuff is getting set in stone.

A bunch of us will be meeting on the Canadian side of the Ivy Lea bridge at around 0815 or 0830. From there we will go in a convoy basically down 81 right into PA. My GPS is telling me it is about 5.5 hours straight there so we bank on getting to the hotel around 2 or 3.

It would be extremely cool to link up with others, as of right now we have I think about 7 JKs crossing.

So obviously if we see anyone pulled over or what not at a gas station we will pull in. We wont be hard to miss as I think the majority of us will be running the Canadian Flag somewhere on our rigs.

As far as I know we will only be doing a few stops, one for lunch and the rest for your cheap gas lol. The stops should be right off the main drag so we can be seen and link up with others. The goal would be to wheel into PA with like 20 or more, that would be nice. So if anyone is going by and sees a group of JKs with some guys in toques frying up back bacon on the side of the road sitting on our chesterfields...thats us...(not really, it isnt toque weather yet )

We will be on Ch 4 on the CBs

Most of us are also staying at the Comfort Inn, so if you want to come and gawk and us like we are zoo animals so be it.

Other than that we are a good bunch of guys (jesus we are Canadian. ALL of us are) and I for one invite anyone to my room to tip a beer or two. I am however staying with some guy from PA (Rock Sniper) so he has dibs on the second bed. Unless he snore way too loud then I am auctioning it off

Looking forward to meeting all of you.....and for the record we dont know Joe in Toronto, and yes we ALL live in igloos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRI-A3vakVg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwiTp_O-h-g

Old 10-05-2008, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRI-A3vakVg[/QUOTE]

So basically that video is saying........that everything I learned in social studies class about you guys is complete horse-shit!?! Nice. Once again let down by the system.
Old 10-05-2008, 01:16 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by BeerMonkey
what day would that be
Sorry edited original post....the Friday
Old 10-05-2008, 02:44 PM
JK Freak

Pretty sure this UFC is a free-bee.....Spike has it for free up here. Do you guys get Spike down there?
Old 10-05-2008, 02:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Pretty sure this UFC is a free-bee.....Spike has it for free up here. Do you guys get Spike down there?

I just did a quick look. There is no UFC for Sat night....you drunk again Hook? UFC 89 is on 18 Oct, the week after. Stop huffing gear oil

Quick Reply: Convoy run to JK Fest from Canada