Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Build day/weekend in preparation of the RC meet - JK Fest

Old 09-05-2008, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would be willing to get together one of the weekends before the ride, I have my evap relocation kit to install. I am also willing to offer up my place, plenty of parking, garage and paved diveway I am about half way between Baltimore and Philly off of Rt 1.
Old 09-05-2008, 01:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepin Dad
I would be willing to get together one of the weekends before the ride, I have my evap relocation kit to install. I am also willing to offer up my place, plenty of parking, garage and paved diveway I am about half way between Baltimore and Philly off of Rt 1.
Way to come through with a place Jeepin Dad! Unfortunately, it is a bit far for me to get to. I will see you at the ride.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Bump

Is anyone interested either this weekend or next? I am willing to host, I am located about an hour from Philly and Baltimore, less than that from Reading and Lancaster areas.

EDIT - My wife, Wendy, said she would make us some nice Brisket Sammies and other snacks. There might even be some beer???

Last edited by Jeepin Dad; 09-15-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

hey jeepin dad, did u install your woods rear drive shaft your self?
i have one on order and should be here any day now...and im also gonna do either the evap. relocation or just get the skid to protect it and also the rear lower adjustable control arms....i could definitly use the help with the rear driveshaft and the evap reloc.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by roguejk
hey jeepin dad, did u install your woods rear drive shaft your self?
i have one on order and should be here any day now...and im also gonna do either the evap. relocation or just get the skid to protect it and also the rear lower adjustable control arms....i could definitly use the help with the rear driveshaft and the evap reloc.
That is the one one mod I didn't do myself, I screwed up my clutch and the stock shaft in the same mudhole so while they were replacing the clutch I had the dealership install the drive shaft. Tomorrow paramaniac is coming over and we are installing my kilby evap relocation kit and his wood's evap relocation and steering stabilizer kits. If you need a hand I am willing to help if I don't have anything else going on.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:03 PM
JK Junkie

If anyone is looking to upgrade to some Rubicon parts or needs Spidertrax wheels spacers before this outing I have a few things listed in the "For Sale" section
Let me know... located just 1.5 hrs from Rausch Creek.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

thanx, im just gonna have my 4x4 shop do the driveshaft (better safe than sorry) and after reading all the posts of guys doing the evap reloc. i think i'll give it a shot , i just dont have a sawzall to cut the metal but im buying a drinder with a cutting wheel. i'll let you know how i do. i've got to order it this week and maybe install it this coming weekend.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:29 PM
JK Freak

installed the Woods Evap can and Steering stabilizer relocation kits today with the help of jeepindad... BTW thanks again for the hospitality pete!

the evap kit was super easy, the hardest part was cutting the mounting plate. it would have gone a lot smoother for me, but i measured wrong when drilling the new mounting holes and had to do it over. very simple install and i feel a lot more comfortable knowing its up and out of the way.

i also got a chance to disconnect the front sway bar and check out my "flexibility" looks good, gonna be pulling the discos out for the RC trip!

thanks once again pete!!!!!
Old 09-21-2008, 04:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by paramaniac
installed the Woods Evap can and Steering stabilizer relocation kits today with the help of jeepindad... BTW thanks again for the hospitality pete!

the evap kit was super easy, the hardest part was cutting the mounting plate. it would have gone a lot smoother for me, but i measured wrong when drilling the new mounting holes and had to do it over. very simple install and i feel a lot more comfortable knowing its up and out of the way.

i also got a chance to disconnect the front sway bar and check out my "flexibility" looks good, gonna be pulling the discos out for the RC trip!

thanks once again pete!!!!!

Sweet, now you'll be ready to follow me up that hill this time!
Old 09-21-2008, 05:21 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by usgaone
Sweet, now you'll be ready to follow me up that hill this time!
thanks ty,but im thinking im gonna stick to the bypass on that one again!

Quick Reply: Build day/weekend in preparation of the RC meet - JK Fest