Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Black Friday Run @ Green Ridge, MD

Old 11-26-2008, 03:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be there!
Old 11-27-2008, 02:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oZmonKey

I win!

I lose!

Sickness prevents me from this run
:(
Old 11-27-2008, 07:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry,

we're out. Just got home from family in NY and with leaving for Germany on Saturday just cant make it.

Wheel safe and catch you guys later
Old 11-28-2008, 01:29 PM
JK Junkie

Should have stayed home and slept....
Old 11-29-2008, 09:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by UGOTKERN
Should have stayed home and slept....
Not a good turn out or the trails weren't good?
Old 11-29-2008, 10:49 AM
JK Super Freak

We didn't like the trails... the group we were with were very nice. I am used to harder trails and this wasn't it.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Not a good turn out or the trails weren't good?
If you like driving down flat dirt roads for 3+ hours then this place is for you. Between that and having to pull to the side for ATV's to pass we called it quits at 1:30 while the rest of the group continued. It's not that we need Blue and Black trails, however this place in my opinion isnt even a green trail.

Just for comparison... if you've been to Rausch Creek, their staging area parking lot is more challenging.
Old 11-29-2008, 01:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you like driving down flat dirt roads for 3+ hours then this place is for you. Between that and having to pull to the side for ATV's to pass we called it quits at 1:30 while the rest of the group continued. It's not that we need Blue and Black trails, however this place in my opinion isnt even a green trail.

Just for comparison... if you've been to Rausch Creek, their staging area parking lot is more challenging.

Awwww, thats too bad!!!!!!
But GREAT analogy!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2008, 03:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i guess i didn't stress the "stock'ness" of these trails. and when you showed up on 37's i was like, "well, they are going to be bored to tears".

its my fault for not giving a proper warning about the fact that these trails are 98% ment for ATV's which means they bulldose the place every so many years removing all those pesky obsticles that an atv can't get over. didn't you notice how they were all going around the mud holes?

gotta remember, its maryland, home of the yuppies. dispite it being the "country" part of maryland, the primary choice is a big pickup truck that can't flex like a jeep can. so they have to keep the "roads" drivable for all those hunters.

i do like Rausch, its a great place. i don't go there enough if you ask me. but i like a littler veriaty in my off roading diet.

if you want a challanging trail, then you need to come with us to stoney run. a few of the folks here have been on that trail, and there are spots on it that will make you have to watch where your wheels go, even with 37's.

but again, sorry the trails weren't all that amazing. its one of the reasons i pratically never go there unless its been raining all week. but next time there's a trip planed for any part of GWNF you should come with us. GWNF has much better trails then Green Ridge, plus GWNF has a lot more trails. Infact, there's a trail planed for 2nd Mt in a few weeks. I think you'll like that trail. nice and rocky with some bolders to play on here and there.
Old 11-29-2008, 03:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by atomicmecha
i guess i didn't stress the "stock'ness" of these trails. and when you showed up on 37's i was like, "well, they are going to be bored to tears".

its my fault for not giving a proper warning about the fact that these trails are 98% ment for ATV's which means they bulldose the place every so many years removing all those pesky obsticles that an atv can't get over. didn't you notice how they were all going around the mud holes?

gotta remember, its maryland, home of the yuppies. dispite it being the "country" part of maryland, the primary choice is a big pickup truck that can't flex like a jeep can. so they have to keep the "roads" drivable for all those hunters.

i do like Rausch, its a great place. i don't go there enough if you ask me. but i like a littler veriaty in my off roading diet.

if you want a challanging trail, then you need to come with us to stoney run. a few of the folks here have been on that trail, and there are spots on it that will make you have to watch where your wheels go, even with 37's.

but again, sorry the trails weren't all that amazing. its one of the reasons i pratically never go there unless its been raining all week. but next time there's a trip planed for any part of GWNF you should come with us. GWNF has much better trails then Green Ridge, plus GWNF has a lot more trails. Infact, there's a trail planed for 2nd Mt in a few weeks. I think you'll like that trail. nice and rocky with some bolders to play on here and there.
No worries, wasnt your fault. We just chalked it up as a you never know unless you go experience. If we didnt go Friday we would have gone sometime in the future.

Quick Reply: Black Friday Run @ Green Ridge, MD