Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Black Friday Run @ Green Ridge, MD

Old 11-20-2008, 03:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atomicmecha

hey Oz, if you happen to make this run, can you bring your SWR meter? if you can find it. I remember you saying you had one at one point. One of the guys from CORE needs to tune his CB.

sure, i'll give finding it another shot.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:18 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by PirateKitty
I am thinking about this run... need to talk to hubby!
Shouldnt you be out buying your husband all kinds of expensive gifts on Black Friday? Sounds to me you'll be way too busy standing in long lines outside in the cold to even think about wheelin. Not to mention, while your standing in those long cold lines with hundreds of people I'm sure your husband will be at home sleeping in a nice, warm and toasty bed in which I'm sure he deserves.

My humble suggestion... buy him enough gifts for two years and maybe... just maybe... your husband will let you go next year.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UGOTKERN
Shouldnt you be out buying your husband all kinds of expensive gifts on Black Friday? Sounds to me you'll be way too busy standing in long lines outside in the cold to even think about wheelin. Not to mention, while your standing in those long cold lines with hundreds of people I'm sure your husband will be at home sleeping in a nice, warm and toasty bed in which I'm sure he deserves.

My humble suggestion... buy him enough gifts for two years and maybe... just maybe... your husband will let you go next year.
I think someone has a CONTROL issue.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like it'll either be snowing while there, or there will be snow on the ground. eitherway, dress warmly!
Old 11-23-2008, 11:47 AM
JK Freak

Default SWR Meter found

Found the SWR meter.

Imaging a 10x20 storage unit with doors on both 10` ends.

Entering from the south side, along the east wall, about 6 feet in, and 2 feet up from the floor. (but had to create a path and scour thru the packages in the path and ontop of the booty box.)

I win!

Hope it doesn't snow, but I'll try to make it either way, gonna have to get up early to make this run.

I also need to double double check to make sure I'm not covering someone at work that day.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hmmm!

Very Interested, since its only 40 minutes from Gettysburg to Urbanna.

Joan and I are leaving for Germany on Saturday so, time is somewhat pressed on our end.

What time do you think we will be out to?
Old 11-24-2008, 06:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rnjstel
Hmmm!

Very Interested, since its only 40 minutes from Gettysburg to Urbanna.

Joan and I are leaving for Germany on Saturday so, time is somewhat pressed on our end.

What time do you think we will be out to?

well... since mike, who's leading us that day, doesnt like being out past dark, we'll probably be done around 5ish.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Green Ridge

I'm interested, and most likely be there. But, since I don't get off work until 7am--if I'm lucky, and I'm coming from Baltimore, it's highly doubtful that I'll be able to make it by 8:30. I've been to Green Ridge quite a few times before, but it was backpacking and hiking. I've probably hiked alot of the jeep trails, but just didn't know it. Maybe I'll run into some of you. I've got no CB, but you can't miss my Rescue Green Sahara. I'd love to see some of the trails. I'm totally stock too--for the fella who said he was stock. Anyroad, I hope to meet some of you up there!

vedo
Old 11-26-2008, 09:37 AM
JK Super Freak

well so much for the snow. maybe it'll still be nice and muddy.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am working again

Quick Reply: Black Friday Run @ Green Ridge, MD