Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Black Friday Run @ Green Ridge, MD

Old 11-12-2008, 06:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Black Friday Run @ Green Ridge, MD

To avoid the confusions, I'm starting a new thread since it appears you cant change the post title once its been replied to.

So, the origional plan was to do Rausch, but we've moved it to a much more scenic trail, with A LOT more mud. We are going to Green Ridge which just outside of Flintstone, MD off I-68.

Still haven't gotten any word on where the meeting spots will be, but I believe one of them will be in Urbanna of I-270 at the Exxon station to the left of the exit ramp.

more details as they come.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How far from DC?
Old 11-12-2008, 09:45 AM
JK Super Freak

well... its about an hour and half from here... so maybe another 20 minutes on top of it from DC.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:02 AM
JK Super Freak

doesn't seem like anyone is interested in going to green ridge, but if you are, here are the meeting spots and times:

1) 7 AM, Waffle House in Urbana off I-270. For those coming up I-270 North, take exit 26, Rt. 80. Turn left at the light (at the end of the ramp).
This will place you on 80E. Take the second left and proceed into the Waffle House parking lot.

2) Approximately 8:30 AM, Sideling Hill Interpretive Center. This facility is located on I-68, approximately 10 miles west of Hancock in Washington County, Maryland. The Site offers spectacular views and geologic history of the Sideling Hill Cut. The interpretive center, located along the westbound roadway is connected to parking and restrooms for eastbound traffic by a pedestrian bridge.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

I was just researching this.

Meeting point 2 aka approx 39.718,-78.280 (lat,long):
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=...cl=1&encType=1

That's about 2 hours from my nest. The trip up there looks like it would be a nice scenic one just to the meeting spot.

Alex, have you been on this trail ride before or can you describe it besides being muddy?

----------------
Now playing: Qntal - Slahte Wille
via FoxyTunes
Old 11-19-2008, 09:40 AM
JK Super Freak

oh yeah, i've done green ridge a number of times. its the only "legal" place to wheel in maryland thats free.

Take Flag Pole and get rid of all the rocks... add about 200 more mud wholes (shallow mud holes, like max 1ft deep, not mud "pits") and if it rains a few days prior, then the whole trail will be one long mud trail rather then being dusty.

and then after its all done, there are 3 river crossings. not river crossings like at dry river... no... more like this kind of river crossing...

but the trail is only about 20-30 minutes past the sideling hill center.
Old 11-19-2008, 10:07 AM
JK Freak

I"m about 75% in on this one then.

----------------
Now playing: The Secret Meeting - Shooting Laser Beams
via FoxyTunes
Old 11-19-2008, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice if i dont have to work id like to make this trip, my jeep is still stock how well will it do out there, its and X with the S24 package.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ghostryder
nice if i dont have to work id like to make this trip, my jeep is still stock how well will it do out there, its and X with the S24 package.

you'll have a blast. no worries on this trail. if i stock TJ "sport" can make it, it'll be a breeze for you.

hey Oz, if you happen to make this run, can you bring your SWR meter? if you can find it. I remember you saying you had one at one point. One of the guys from CORE needs to tune his CB.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking about this run... need to talk to hubby!

Quick Reply: Black Friday Run @ Green Ridge, MD