Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register

Old 10-07-2008, 01:30 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadedOutDoors
Just got done putting on my A to Z Fab sliders was'nt to bad took about 3 1/2 hrs
with an extra set of hands. Extended the brake lines, and installed rear coil
retainers ahhhh. What I still got left to do-- put on the rear track bar bracket,
weld on JKS rear track bar brace, and then Rockhard front skid install
geeeszzz Im almost there
Your list is worse then mine Im almost done though, I just have to install my tire carrier, its currently sitting on my porch I also have EVO's c-gussets to install, but I know Im not going to get my hands on a welder until next week. So those will have to wait. Good luck with your list!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hopefully get it all done, not sure about welding the brace that may wait but most def the trackbar bracket and front skid I want all the armor I can get

Heres the new sliders

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0231 (675 x 506).jpg
Views:	122
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	13853   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0233 (675 x 506).jpg
Views:	123
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	13854  
Old 10-07-2008, 01:52 PM
JK Freak

They look great, I love the look of your Jeep.

It sounds like it took a long time for you to install those, is it a really involved install or what? I figured a few bolts and you would be done.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well hopefully my JK is ready. Trailer is loaded and goin to roll out tom. after work. See you guys there.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by O2BDrty
Been to RC before and didn't have a problem then. Problem is getting them here and installing them and time IS running out. We leave Thursday so no real time

The wife said to get it done so tomorrow new brake lines!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

just a few more days!!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by acelockco
Can you use the side steps with this as well? I noticed someone is giving away a set on the forum.
i have a set of steps, in fact, the last time i went wheeling, i forgot to take them off and cracked the passenger side step. i havent figured out if i can run both, id need to see if the studs on steps are long enough to pass thru the slider and the body and still get tight enough on the bolt. either way, i dont want the steps on for the trip, so im in no rush!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by paramaniac
i have a set of steps, in fact, the last time i went wheeling, i forgot to take them off and cracked the passenger side step. i havent figured out if i can run both, id need to see if the studs on steps are long enough to pass thru the slider and the body and still get tight enough on the bolt. either way, i dont want the steps on for the trip, so im in no rush!
Yea' not if they are going to get toasted on the trail. I think it actually tells you to remove them for off roading in the the owners manual, but who is going to go through that every time you go on the trail. I guess when I break mine it will be time for an upgrade to something stronger.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:59 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by acelockco
Yea' not if they are going to get toasted on the trail. I think it actually tells you to remove them for off roading in the the owners manual, but who is going to go through that every time you go on the trail. I guess when I break mine it will be time for an upgrade to something stronger.
That is my plan. I have replaced mine twice (actually got freebie takeoffs to do so), i am on the third set?, there wont be a fourth.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:06 AM
JK Freak

I keep dreaming of rocks and I don't know why

Quick Reply: 4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register