Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register

Old 10-06-2008, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acelockco
Wow, that must have been a hard hit to break that off.

So what did you get to replace it? Pics?
No pictures sorry. I broke it off at Crozet. I just remembered. I replaced it with rock hard 4x4 skid plates. There has been a few times where it has actually saved me from some real damage.

Last edited by Dirty Dog; 10-06-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:25 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bly109
Woohooooo! I almost have the jeep ready for this.

35's are back on

Dont have em...stock Rubis

skids are back on (I took them off before I had my clutch replaced)

Nope nothing cept stock

cb is installed

got it

onboard air is fixed (bad pressure switch)

Damn dont have this either

gas tank skid is trimmed (it was hitting the rear diff at full drop)

oh oh

everything is greased and tight

same here

checked, oiled and respooled winch cable

Synthetic....good to go

checked recovery/tool bag

Done this week

The only thing left is my tire carrier, hopefully it shows up tomorrow

Mine came with the Jeep

hopefully I didnt forget anything

I cant wait until friday!!!

Man....my little Jeep will look lost against the big boys... Oh well wont be the first time
Old 10-06-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Man....my little Jeep will look lost against the big boys... Oh well wont be the first time
I feel you. I'm getting rig envy already!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:44 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Rock Sniper
I feel you. I'm getting rig envy already!

Nah...I like recovering those guys the best. He He...I would never stoop so low as to bug a guy who is balls deep getting recovered by an X...just ask all the Rubicon owners I wheel with
Old 10-06-2008, 06:45 PM
JK Freak

i went to the quadratec tent sale on sat, got a set of rocker guards for DIRT CHEAP!

took the steps off during some down time at work... put the rockers on after i took my kids home....

gonna do a quick once over tomorrow... tighten things up, grease up what needs to be greased... putting the tent on thur afternoon and heading out around dinner thur night.....

c'mon JK FEST!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

I'm running 35 inch nitto mud grapplers on a 17x9 rim. I air down to 13 psi. It seems to work out extremly well for what I have been thru. As for sway bar and axle locks it does take a few times to master it. I've been asked to tail gun on the extreme trails so hopefully most in this group already knows this. If needed I will be more than happy to run one or two times with newbies just because I'm still learning and would like to pass along any experience I have wheelin.

Last edited by Dirty Dog; 10-06-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by paramaniac
i went to the quadratec tent sale on sat, got a set of rocker guards for DIRT CHEAP!
Nice, I got there at about 3:00 after fighting my way through traffic and things were just about done. There was not much left, so I went home empty handed. Now I know next year I will be there before they even start so I can get my hands on some goodies before they are all gone.

So what rocker guards did you get and how much? Let us see a photo!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:53 PM
JK Freak

I was just reminded that anyone with a lift on there jeep, I have a 4 inch skyjacker, that my brake lines where not extended at the sametime. We had our jeep meeting and we decided to put our tires up on each other. I almost snapped a brake line doing this. So after this trip I will be putting on new lines. Just a thought to everyone.

Last edited by Dirty Dog; 10-06-2008 at 07:12 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:55 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by O2BDrty
I was just reminded that anyone with a lift on there jeep, I have a 4 inch skyjacker, that my brake lines where not extened at the sametime. We had our jeep meeting and we decided to put our tires up on each other. I almost snapped a brake line doing this. So after this trip I will be putting on new lines. Just a thought to everyone.

You might want to think about doing this before the JK Fest, or you might find yourself doing it on the trail during the event...if you can find or have the parts.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by acelockco
Nice, I got there at about 3:00 after fighting my way through traffic and things were just about done. There was not much left, so I went home empty handed. Now I know next year I will be there before they even start so I can get my hands on some goodies before they are all gone.

So what rocker guards did you get and how much? Let us see a photo!
to be honest with you... i dont know what ones they are. there was a hand written tag that said "Rocker Guards 07-09 JK $140"

looks like they were returned. they came with just the rubber strips. no install or mounting hardware. i went to Lowes and got some grade 8 bolts.

i finished up after dark, so no pics today. ill shoot some in the morning and get them up here shortly there after!

is it friday yet?

Quick Reply: 4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register