Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register

Old 09-29-2008, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I am going to go on!!!

.....whatever she lets me drive my Jeep on.
If she is worried about it, go with the easy group the first day. You will be able to determine what you want to do after that. Most times you start easy then want to challenge yourself and the Jeep.

My goal everytime I lead a trail is to get people through things without damage. Sure sometimes you get a little damage, but its part of the sport. I enjoy helping people through things, its part of wheeling and it makes the day interesting!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by benmar2000
What kind of groups are we doing on Saturday? That is when I am coming to the park..
Since that is the main day when most people are going to be there I would think there will groups for all levels. With a stock Rubi unlimited you would be good on Green & Blues trails, your biggest hinderence will be your breakover angle with 32's and no lift. There are a few spots you could end up in a prediciment like this.

Old 09-29-2008, 06:46 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by paineszj
If she is worried about it, go with the easy group the first day. You will be able to determine what you want to do after that. Most times you start easy then want to challenge yourself and the Jeep.

My goal everytime I lead a trail is to get people through things without damage. Sure sometimes you get a little damage, but its part of the sport. I enjoy helping people through things, its part of wheeling and it makes the day interesting!

I was actually kidding.

This is my better half's first real time offroad, and that is 100% the reason I am going, so she gets her toes dirty.

So, that being the case, I might not get my keys back at all, or depending on how it goes for her, i might find them stuffed up my... well, nevermind.

(and, It is my Jeep dammit, no matter what she tells you!)
Old 09-29-2008, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeepin Dad
I know exactly where this is! My Cherokee on 35's, 6" of lift dragged here. Its a super cool spot for pics and a good place to introduce newbies to the thrills. You really cant see what you are coming up to while driving then it drops straight down.

HappyCurmudgeon she is going to have a blast!
Old 09-29-2008, 06:55 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by paineszj
I know exactly where this is! My Cherokee on 35's, 6" of lift dragged here. Its a super cool spot for pics and a good place to introduce newbies to the thrills. You really cant see what you are coming up to while driving then it drops straight down.

HappyCurmudgeon she is going to have a blast!
Another angle (yep, its cormac again)

Old 09-29-2008, 08:11 AM
JK Freak

Are we hitting rock creek? The wife says to stay away from that. I'm allowed to touch just not wheel!!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is anyone wheeling solo and hitting anything crazy on Sunday? I would like to find a right seat in someones rig who is going to play on some of the big boys trails. I'm a pretty decent photogapher and would like to get some sick pictures while on this trip. I can promise great pix of you and your rig! Thanks!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by Rock Sniper
Is anyone wheeling solo and hitting anything crazy on Sunday? I would like to find a right seat in someones rig who is going to play on some of the big boys trails. I'm a pretty decent photogapher and would like to get some sick pictures while on this trip. I can promise great pix of you and your rig! Thanks!

I believe there is a two rig minimum as per Rausch's rules.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I believe there is a two rig minimum as per Rausch's rules.

I meant wheeling with no passenger!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:50 AM
Eternal ***erator

ah, ok.

*Moderator needs more coffee......*

Quick Reply: 4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register