Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register

Old 09-05-2008, 05:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepin Dad
Deadspot was on 32's not the smaller 29's so that would give him over an 1" of extra clearence verses afoulk, I still think afoulk could do the greens without much problem.
oops, yep you are right. But I agree that he will still be fine on greens. I think Deadspot was only scrapin on lower 19 anyway , which was was really washed out and was basically a blue at that point.

Last edited by bly109; 09-05-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

I thought about it, but this would be my first time ever seriously "wheeling" my jeep, and with the little tires (especially once aired down) and the long wheelbase, I could see me scraping or getting hung up on just about everything. Maybe if I had some more recovery points, but all I got is a d-ring for my rear reciever hitch. That and I dont think the "passenger car treads" would do to great. I'd be willing to give it a try, but I wouldn't wanna agrevate and hold everyone up either.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by afoulk
I thought about it, but this would be my first time ever seriously "wheeling" my jeep, and with the little tires (especially once aired down) and the long wheelbase, I could see me scraping or getting hung up on just about everything. Maybe if I had some more recovery points, but all I got is a d-ring for my rear reciever hitch. That and I dont think the "passenger car treads" would do to great. I'd be willing to give it a try, but I wouldn't wanna agrevate and hold everyone up either.

I wouldnt worry about it. I am going to get the better half to drive, so that would be greens, maybe a blue, and since she's a first timer, you would probably be dragging her.

Go, have fun, run what ya got, that's what it is all about
Old 09-05-2008, 05:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Front and rear recovery points are pretty much a must have, I ran 32" SR-A's with the "passenger car treads" for 9 months and was suprised how well they did in everything but slick mud, when aired down the sidewall is real flexible and they conform to the surface and grip well considering how tame the tread is.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:34 PM
JK Junkie

Hey, no pressure here, its your jeep and your call. But most of the east coast crew I have wheeled with there are very patient and always eager to help a fellow jeeper discover what their jeep can do. Even if it means alot of spotting, strapping and stacking until you get more comfortable with it. Plus Im sure there will be a stocker crew there doing only greens so you wont be "holding" anyone back if they want to do harder trails.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:36 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeepin Dad
Front and rear recovery points are pretty much a must have, I ran 32" SR-A's with the "passenger car treads" for 9 months and was suprised how well they did in everything but slick mud, when aired down the sidewall is real flexible and they conform to the surface and grip well considering how tame the tread is.
I bet he can find some front tow hooks here for about 20-25 bucks before then. And yeah, you definitely kicked some butt with your stock tires.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

ATLEAST come out and ride with someone...
Old 09-05-2008, 05:43 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
ATLEAST come out and ride with someone...
Good point, I know I should have an open seat. And Im sure lots of others will too.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I'm going again with the same guy from work the end of this month. Maybe another trip will help me work up the nerve to take my own jeep out there
Old 09-05-2008, 07:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Looks like I may have an open seat as well.

I also happen to have a set of stock town hooks laying around, and a front bumper already cut for them. Would be a quick swap in the staging area at RC .

I parked next to a Sahara Unlimited today at Lowes. Mostly stock but he had Rausch Creek stickers on it. He came out as I was parking and we talked for a bit. I told him about the trip and that he should hop on here and sign up.

Last edited by riverzendz; 09-05-2008 at 07:08 PM.

Quick Reply: 4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register