Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register

Old 09-02-2008, 12:33 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice, us Ohio guys find a nice big log in the woods, but its the same deal..

Old 09-02-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
nice, us Ohio guys find a nice big log in the woods, but its the same deal..

We were originally going to use a highlift frame, but then Usgaone remembered seeing the roller in the office. It worked really well, but I think it would have problems on any bigger of a tire. The lugs on the swamper kept grabbing the hooks, making it bind up.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:51 PM
JK Super Freak

I'll have my trusty ol' AEV jack base, just in case again.

Originally Posted by rubiconjack
okay .. so I read through the first few pages and jeepin dad advised to get a skidder or relocate the evap canister. I just got a skidd .. hope thats good enough. It'll be a blast ripping it off completely .... I have already cracked mine two different times just from wheeling easy out here in WA.

As for camping .. who is camping ... what do you do if all the sites fill up? I was planning on being up in PA the 10th ...

Ahum .. oh my other question .. on the 4wd waiver .. the board name, is that JK forum or on 4wd??? Im confused, it happens a lot with me!

I can't wait. It should be fun, my 24th birthday is the day after all is said and done. Hopefully I have a rig to drive home in ... ehhhhhh
Hey, my 30th birthday is Oct. 14th! I'm gonna be celebrating there too. We need to have a big birthday bash.

----------------
Now playing: Proem - Deepmagix
via FoxyTunes
Old 09-02-2008, 01:46 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by riverzendz
I'll have my trusty ol' AEV jack base, just in case again.

Hey, my 30th birthday is Oct. 14th! I'm gonna be celebrating there too. We need to have a big birthday bash.

----------------
Now playing: Proem - Deepmagix
via FoxyTunes

Its a plan .... we'll have to after the events and drawings n' everything ...

to you riverzendz ... it'll be a interesting weekend thats for sure by now.
Old 09-02-2008, 01:48 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bly109
Well if you break an axleshaft on a black hill climb, Usgaone and I are well versed in that type of recovery! It was on my Bro's Cherokee with 36 swampers and a D35 stock axle (not a smart combo) Rausch Rents an "axle roller" for 20 bucks that really makes the recovery alot easier. There will also be alot of us, so Im sure somebody will be able to help you out with any carnage you might create Plus my house is only 20 minutes from Rausch, so Im sure I could locate any parts or tools we might need to do a parking lot repair

Mine wasn't nearly that bad. I had no idea til' we got home two hours later of driving and me not being able to stay on the road .... was all over the road, had to do 35 mph all the way home.

Im sure that RC will take its toll on me ... that being said, i'll do a ride along maybe if anyone has a open seat .. to check em out first!

OH .. everyone's invitied to party it down with me ... you especially riverzendz
Old 09-02-2008, 01:55 PM
JK Junkie

Mine wasn't nearly that bad. I had no idea til' we got home two hours later of driving and me not being able to stay on the road .... was all over the road, had to do 35 mph all the way home.

Im sure that RC will take its toll on me ... that being said, i'll do a ride along maybe if anyone has a open seat .. to check em out first!

OH .. everyone's invitied to party it down with me ... you especially riverzendz
ouch, that sucks. Ive been fairly lucky with carnage so far, but Im planning on taking things fairly easy friday and saturday, then step things up Sunday. Their are LOTS of different level trails, and most hard obstancles have bypasses. So you should be able to find trails to match your comfort level (and carnage level ) But Im sure there will be lots of open seats if you do decide to tag along.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:40 PM
JK Super Freak

it was my 23rd birthday last weekend, so ill be down with celebrating again.,...close enough! haha, sharing campsites is what we will have to do, just because there will be so many people...if i get there early enough i will save spots. Im sure we will have enough down there early, i will prolly get there around 6 or 7 on friday ? if we cant find spots, i will end up sleeping under the jeep? lol. we will need to find way to get ahold of eachother when down there, make a cell numbher swap or something so that when people get there we can link up and everything

ill bring the beer, and burgers.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Woo hoo! Party!

I'm staying at the hotel but definite cell phone swapping for sure.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:56 PM
JK Freak

I'll probably try to get there early Friday, specially since I've never been anywhere really on the E. Coast. Ill be way tooo giddy and excited .. haha. over 12 hours to get there ... im determined!

Or the back of the JK's, us 4dr drivers .. we got plenty of room. Im all for sharing .... so how are the campsites set up up there anyone know????
Wonder how many tents you can get to site .... or area ..

I'll bring the Jack! Im a whiskey girl ... and i'll bring the smores .. yum!

Cell swap or something ... even CB. What channel runs up there? I know the places down here everyone has a designated channel.

bly - im going to take it easy til i see the first of the trails ... i wanna test my flex .No real places round here tooo .. just lots of stumps and mud. I just gotta get my lockers working again. They aren't working now ...

Last edited by rubiconjack; 09-02-2008 at 05:09 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Its my 5 year wedding aniversary on the 11th and I wont even see the wife.

I plan on camping and will be showing up Thurs afternoon to setup but wont be back to camp till fri afternoon. Am I allowed to rope off several sites?

Quick Reply: 4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register