Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register

Old 09-01-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usgaone
Yep! Lesson learned and noted! By the way, did I tell you my Front locker was Toast! No wonder I had so many issues the day before climbing that Red hillclimb! Anyways, all back together for now, just trying to sort out some issues with that Gosh Darn lift I had installed! No fear David is here, and he's on the case. Hope to have resolution soon! It's getting frustrating to say the least!
Yeah, it was fun though! Paul is working on getting his new CJ ready. It just needs some TLC, like axle seals and a filler neck for the gas tank that you can actually get gas in . But overall it seems solid.

What happened to your locker? Did you smoke it that day or was it toast before?

More bad bushing?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usgaone
How about some type of list on what level trails everyone is expecting to run?

Greens: Stocker friendly.

Green/ Light Blues: Stocker possible, need spotting, rock rails and skids helpful, more clearance preffered.

Blues: Clearance (lift and or tires), skids, spotting, Rock rails necessary, Differential protection, and Decent tread.

Blues/Blacksamage likely, skids, differential protection, rock rails, 35's minimum, Lift for clearance, winch, proper gearing, Lockers.

Blacks/Reds: Damage is going to happen, Lockers front and rear, Winch, Skids, Differential protection, Proper gearing, Rock rails, Rollover prtection, 35's minimum.

Now everyone has to understand you are taking your Jeep offroad and damage is possible, even on a Green trail. These listings are solely My opinion! Yes you can take a less equipped vehicle on a hogher ranked trail, but these are what I'd ne looking for if I was leading you!

I agree for the most part on this but i was just there in a 4 cyl 98 tj with only 2 inch lift 32 inch tires and no lockers. doing black and some red. we had a great day with NO damage at all. but for the most part you are dead on in your opinion! if i didnt know some body personally i wouldnt take them black with open diffs and 32's. i take pride in no lockers and matching trails with those who are monsters. cant wait to wheel with you in oct. the JK is much better than the tj that is for sure. hell the wife even drove the jk on some black trails while we were there and it did great. i cant wait to drive it on trail 20 and 5. of course i think 20 should be labled red too those damn rocks were HUGE

07 JK Unlimited
3 inch BDS suspension lift
33x11.5x16
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Warrior Products Tube Doors
Mopar Off Road Rear Bumper
Oil Pan Tranny Skid Plate by SkidRow
Custom Front Winch Bumper by RoundStar OffRoad
Skyjacker Adjustable Rear Track Bar
Skyjacker Brake Line Extenders
Rock Krawler Adjustable Front Lower Control Arms
And Plenty of "CHARACTER" From rocks and Trees
Old 09-02-2008, 07:36 AM
JK Jedi Master

Bump, book your rooms and come early if your camping..

theres now another trail ride at RC this weekend....
Old 09-02-2008, 08:49 AM
JK Freak

okay .. so I read through the first few pages and jeepin dad advised to get a skidder or relocate the evap canister. I just got a skidd .. hope thats good enough. It'll be a blast ripping it off completely .... I have already cracked mine two different times just from wheeling easy out here in WA.

As for camping .. who is camping ... what do you do if all the sites fill up? I was planning on being up in PA the 10th ...

Ahum .. oh my other question .. on the 4wd waiver .. the board name, is that JK forum or on 4wd??? Im confused, it happens a lot with me!

I can't wait. It should be fun, my 24th birthday is the day after all is said and done. Hopefully I have a rig to drive home in ... ehhhhhh
Old 09-02-2008, 10:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rubiconjack
okay .. so I read through the first few pages and jeepin dad advised to get a skidder or relocate the evap canister. I just got a skidd .. hope thats good enough. It'll be a blast ripping it off completely .... I have already cracked mine two different times just from wheeling easy out here in WA.

As for camping .. who is camping ... what do you do if all the sites fill up? I was planning on being up in PA the 10th ...

Ahum .. oh my other question .. on the 4wd waiver .. the board name, is that JK forum or on 4wd??? Im confused, it happens a lot with me!

I can't wait. It should be fun, my 24th birthday is the day after all is said and done. Hopefully I have a rig to drive home in ... ehhhhhh

niiice! we will need to party it up for your birthday! whats the reason for your move to the east coastt??

ill also be camping, getting there friday evening at some point, hopefully by 7 or so, someone save me a tent spot!!
lol
Old 09-02-2008, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

we will also be camping there too
Old 09-02-2008, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

Default birthday and camping ...

anyone ever broken their axle shaft on their JK up here???
I broke mine which lead to a pile of problems, in nasty rescue a while while ago. Hmm, maybe I should order a extra, extra air filter and engine and axles while im at it! Starter, oil pan .. the list could go on and on! LMAO! Thats the kinda damage I have gotten ..

0311sgt, cormac827 - save me a spot if ya'll beat me ... i wonder how many people are camping .. im down with sharing a site ... please!

Definetly down for some birthday partying .. I may be doing a little bit of in the morning ... ehhhh ....
Old 09-02-2008, 11:11 AM
JK Freak

the more the merrier
Old 09-02-2008, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

military ... husband is getting stationed at Kings Bay GA.

Im going to be coming up cause I want to ... and will probably be moving north there in a few months or so .... other reasons ... this isn't the thread for it though.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rubiconjack
anyone ever broken their axle shaft on their JK up here???
I broke mine which lead to a pile of problems, in nasty rescue a while while ago. Hmm, maybe I should order a extra, extra air filter and engine and axles while im at it! Starter, oil pan .. the list could go on and on! LMAO! Thats the kinda damage I have gotten ..

0311sgt, cormac827 - save me a spot if ya'll beat me ... i wonder how many people are camping .. im down with sharing a site ... please!

Definetly down for some birthday partying .. I may be doing a little bit of in the morning ... ehhhh ....
Well if you break an axleshaft on a black hill climb, Usgaone and I are well versed in that type of recovery! It was on my Bro's Cherokee with 36 swampers and a D35 stock axle (not a smart combo) Rausch Rents an "axle roller" for 20 bucks that really makes the recovery alot easier. There will also be alot of us, so Im sure somebody will be able to help you out with any carnage you might create Plus my house is only 20 minutes from Rausch, so Im sure I could locate any parts or tools we might need to do a parking lot repair

Last edited by bly109; 09-02-2008 at 12:04 PM.

Quick Reply: 4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register