Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register

Old 09-01-2008, 07:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greasemonkey85
come on guys the purple trails ain t that bad! even the blacks ain that bad. i just don t like off camber crap. i haven t been on a wheelin trip yet that i havent come home broken.

trip 1 ruined clutch= new clutch under warranty

trip 2 ruined clutch, ripped off evap can, and had a bout 2" of mud in my gas tank all from hummer hole (check out avatar)= cost me $700!

was your evap canister covered? I know they covered mine when I cracked it and almost ripped it off. That picture is insane! GOD it would suck to be your jeep at that time! Was your engine okay?

trip 3 ruined front diff cover, front driveshaft, dented both rear shocks, bent tie rod in a u, really tested out my rocker guards= $about $200 for new tie rod setup from rock krawler.

ok, so maybe blacks do tear stuff up, but that is what a jeep is for right!
I have to say wow. It'd be scary for me to do a black, my JK wouldn't be coming home with me is all i can say.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

cant get through to the fax # want to go, but cant seem to fax in the reg form
Old 09-01-2008, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

just spent the day wheeling at Rausch Creek on the 27th. spent teh day on black and some red trails...cant wait to go again in Oct

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcaiqM-1FU8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzzkOk44TiE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1Fq_6itydY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC8UjtmF1ls

07 JK Unlimited
3 inch BDS suspension lift
33x11.5x16
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Warrior Products Tube Doors
Mopar Off Road Rear Bumper
Oil Pan Tranny Skid Plate by SkidRow
Custom Front Winch Bumper by RoundStar OffRoad
Skyjacker Adjustable Rear Track Bar
Skyjacker Brake Line Extenders
Rock Krawler Adjustable Front Lower Control Arms
And Plenty of "CHARACTER" From rocks and Trees
Old 09-01-2008, 08:31 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by TSmith0820
Is there a deadline for registration. I didn't see one but would like to make sure I didn't miss it somewhere. I still don't know if I will be able to make it or not.

Ty
theres no deadline really, but we'll have a dead line so we can order shirts

Originally Posted by 0311sgt
cant get through to the fax # want to go, but cant seem to fax in the reg form
We lost power in the city over the weekend, 4wd's closed today, so the fax machine might need reset or something. There server went down,. So if its connected to that. it might be the reason also.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

thank you for the fast reply i will try again on tuesday. again thanks and hope to see you all there
Old 09-01-2008, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by usgaone
How about some type of list on what level trails everyone is expecting to run?

Greens: Stocker friendly.

Green/ Light Blues: Stocker possible, need spotting, rock rails and skids helpful, more clearance preffered.

Blues: Clearance (lift and or tires), skids, spotting, Rock rails necessary, Differential protection, and Decent tread.

Blues/Blacksamage likely, skids, differential protection, rock rails, 35's minimum, Lift for clearance, winch, proper gearing, Lockers.

Blacks/Reds: Damage is going to happen, Lockers front and rear, Winch, Skids, Differential protection, Proper gearing, Rock rails, Rollover prtection, 35's minimum.

Now everyone has to understand you are taking your Jeep offroad and damage is possible, even on a Green trail. These listings are solely My opinion! Yes you can take a less equipped vehicle on a hogher ranked trail, but these are what I'd ne looking for if I was leading you!
As a new wheeler & Rausch noob in my daily-driver Rubicon with 2.5" BB on 34" MT/Rs, I'll start on Green and probably gravitate pretty quickly to Blue. I'll be relocating my Evap Can and adding Diff skids, and maybe engine skid before then.

BTW, might there be some wheelin' 101 and/or recovery courses available at this event?
Old 09-01-2008, 01:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by VA_Rubi-Red
As a new wheeler & Rausch noob in my daily-driver Rubicon with 2.5" BB on 34" MT/Rs, I'll start on Green and probably gravitate pretty quickly to Blue. I'll be relocating my Evap Can and adding Diff skids, and maybe engine skid before then.

BTW, might there be some wheelin' 101 and/or recovery courses available at this event?
we will learn as we go! haha
Old 09-01-2008, 06:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by VA_Rubi-Red

If you gravitate to the blues and maybe blacks, then there will defintely be some recovery lessons. It's more or less like on the job training!
Old 09-01-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by usgaone
If you gravitate to the blues and maybe blacks, then there will defintely be some recovery lessons. It's more or less like on the job training!
At least we know we are ready for a snapped axle shaft
Old 09-01-2008, 07:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bly109
At least we know we are ready for a snapped axle shaft
Yep! Lesson learned and noted! By the way, did I tell you my Front locker was Toast! No wonder I had so many issues the day before climbing that Red hillclimb! Anyways, all back together for now, just trying to sort out some issues with that Gosh Darn lift I had installed! No fear David is here, and he's on the case. Hope to have resolution soon! It's getting frustrating to say the least!

Quick Reply: 4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register