Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register

Old 08-29-2008, 10:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by riverzendz
Ooooh, that is true.

She's not going to be joining us this time?
She's pregnant, so it depends how she is feeling by then. Hopefully she'll be past the queasiness by October. If not, I guess I'll drag my brother along. He was a little bummed out when I told him it was only for JK's . He wanted to bring his CJ/YJ/XJ Maybe if he put some JK stickers on it..hmmmm

Last edited by bly109; 08-29-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bly109
She's pregnant, so it depends how she is feeling by then. Hopefully she'll be past the queasiness by October. If not, I guess I'll drag my brother along. He was a little bummed out when I told him it was only for JK's . He wanted to bring his CJ/YJ/XJ Maybe if he put some JK stickers on it..hmmmm
.....Uhmmmm...If he had another vehicle to run with.......there's nothing stopping him from going to Rausch Creek and uhm....running into each other on the trail........I know I wouldn't care if some group was following us around......I know one hill climb, that's begging for me to try out my new front locker....and I kno wsomeone Named Paul would like a second crack (no pun intended regarding someone's blown rear axle!)....so uhm....I'm not the most subtle!
Old 08-29-2008, 11:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepin Dad
Your ratings seem a little conservative, I know I have been on Blue/Black trails with you with just a 2" lift and stock 32" X tires. It not as easy as having 35's but it can be done.

I'll be there Friday willing to run blues blue/blacks and easy blacks, Saturday and Sunday I will have my wife and 1 yr old with me so will probably stick to green and blues.

Also Piginajeep/Bustabizz do you need trail guide volunteers? I know there are a few of us that run up there often and know the park well, I would be willing to lead a blue/green group.
Yes, they probably are conservative, but these are my preferences for leading. You can drag a stock X unlimited on the Goodyear SRA's on Blues and Blacks (been there, done that) however, it doesn't make a for a good trail ride, when people hear all that scrapping, and see physical damage, especially for newbies who have never hit the trail. Take into mind, that this is a multi day event, so if they ran something too easy the day before, just step it up a level the next day. If you are in the midst of a trail, and realize you are way over your head, step it down a level. There are no rewards at the end of the day for having the most or least damage (maybe beers in the parking lot for trail guides!) just stories at the end of the trip. Trust me, it never feels good to have trail damage as a trail guide. You tend to take it a bit personally. The most important thing is to enjoy yourself, and have fun! That's why I trail guide, to help teach people what their ehicles can do, and keep them coming back. The rewards are seeing the people I guided in their stock vehicles, show up in their now modified vehicles, and run increasingly harder and harder trails.

Last edited by usgaone; 08-30-2008 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 02:02 AM
JK Jedi Master

I plan on wheeling easy the first two days., I dont want a broke rig all weekend, I might go a little harder on the lastday, but I also have a truck and trailer.

I dont need mine to get me home.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by usgaone
.....Uhmmmm...If he had another vehicle to run with.......there's nothing stopping him from going to Rausch Creek and uhm....running into each other on the trail........I know I wouldn't care if some group was following us around......I know one hill climb, that's begging for me to try out my new front locker....and I kno wsomeone Named Paul would like a second crack (no pun intended regarding someone's blown rear axle!)....so uhm....I'm not the most subtle!
hmmm very interesting
Old 08-30-2008, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

damn guys how the hell did i miss this??????? I M IN FOR SATURDAY AND SUNDAY!!!!!! now that i got some more armor i ve been running harder and harder stuff. just did the new trail Roxy's way a couple weeks ago, did all of snakebite, and yellow jacket ridge. snake bite claimed my tie rod so now i have the rock krawler one and can t wait to see what it will do!!!! man this is gonna be freakin awesom freakin awesome!

few questions.....
1. already registered w/ rausch is this going to be ok, buth me and the wife and son all good to go there.

2. how do i send the 4wd release form?

3. anything else i missed in the 44 pages of this thread?
Old 08-30-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

come on guys the purple trails ain t that bad! even the blacks ain that bad. i just don t like off camber crap. i haven t been on a wheelin trip yet that i havent come home broken.

trip 1 ruined clutch= new clutch under warranty

trip 2 ruined clutch, ripped off evap can, and had a bout 2" of mud in my gas tank all from hummer hole (check out avatar)= cost me $700!

trip 3 ruined front diff cover, front driveshaft, dented both rear shocks, bent tie rod in a u, really tested out my rocker guards= $about $200 for new tie rod setup from rock krawler.

ok, so maybe blacks do tear stuff up, but that is what a jeep is for right!
Old 08-31-2008, 05:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bly109
That's right, I forgot!
Old 08-31-2008, 09:48 AM
JK Newbie

I was at Rausch a few weeks ago and it is awesome. Hopefully this will become an annual event so I can make it next time. I have to be at a wedding the weekend you are all going. Have fun.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Is there a deadline for registration. I didn't see one but would like to make sure I didn't miss it somewhere. I still don't know if I will be able to make it or not.

Ty

Quick Reply: 4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register