Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register

Old 08-28-2008, 11:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this still open? Its my birthday weekend and looking forward to wheeling in my new home. Well kinda.

Get to Georgia the 20th of September .
Old 08-28-2008, 11:13 AM
JK Jedi Master

yup!!!

keep signing up! I'll update the list today of waivers recieved
Old 08-28-2008, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

hey piginajeep ..

I opened the waivers up ... they kind of confused me. Whats the one dealing with Rausch Creek? Do I fill that out too?

It will be me and then people riding along with me in my JK.

I can't wait .. it'll be awesome. Anyone camping out!
Old 08-28-2008, 01:07 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by jkgirl08
hey piginajeep ..

I opened the waivers up ... they kind of confused me. Whats the one dealing with Rausch Creek? Do I fill that out too?

Raush creek has waivers that need filled out as well.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:11 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jkgirl08
hey piginajeep ..

Rausch Creek requires anyone riding in your jeep to fill out the same wavier. That way they are still covered if one of your passengers want to drive for awhile. My wife and I usually both drive when we are there.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bly109
Rausch Creek requires anyone riding in your jeep to fill out the same wavier. That way they are still covered if one of your passengers want to drive for awhile. My wife and I usually both drive when we are there.
Last time we were up there with you Brian, my passenger printed and signed his named on the same waiver as me. They never said anything negative so I'm assuming that this is OK to do?

----------------
Now playing: Nine Inch Nails - Suck
via FoxyTunes
Old 08-29-2008, 03:17 AM
JK Super Freak

How about some type of list on what level trails everyone is expecting to run?

Greens: Stocker friendly.

Green/ Light Blues: Stocker possible, need spotting, rock rails and skids helpful, more clearance preffered.

Blues: Clearance (lift and or tires), skids, spotting, Rock rails necessary, Differential protection, and Decent tread.

Blues/Blacksamage likely, skids, differential protection, rock rails, 35's minimum, Lift for clearance, winch, proper gearing, Lockers.

Blacks/Reds: Damage is going to happen, Lockers front and rear, Winch, Skids, Differential protection, Proper gearing, Rock rails, Rollover prtection, 35's minimum.

Now everyone has to understand you are taking your Jeep offroad and damage is possible, even on a Green trail. These listings are solely My opinion! Yes you can take a less equipped vehicle on a hogher ranked trail, but these are what I'd ne looking for if I was leading you!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
yup!!!

keep signing up! I'll update the list today of waivers recieved

Just making sure we are still good.... I still see our names on the list for "need waivers."

Originally Posted by Bustabizz
I have received tkob1060, and offroadmandylu, waivers.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by usgaone
How about some type of list on what level trails everyone is expecting to run?

Greens: Stocker friendly.

Green/ Light Blues: Stocker possible, need spotting, rock rails and skids helpful, more clearance preffered.

Blues: Clearance (lift and or tires), skids, spotting, Rock rails necessary, Differential protection, and Decent tread.

Blues/Blacksamage likely, skids, differential protection, rock rails, 35's minimum, Lift for clearance, winch, proper gearing, Lockers.

Blacks/Reds: Damage is going to happen, Lockers front and rear, Winch, Skids, Differential protection, Proper gearing, Rock rails, Rollover prtection, 35's minimum.

Now everyone has to understand you are taking your Jeep offroad and damage is possible, even on a Green trail. These listings are solely My opinion! Yes you can take a less equipped vehicle on a hogher ranked trail, but these are what I'd ne looking for if I was leading you!
Your ratings seem a little conservative, I know I have been on Blue/Black trails with you with just a 2" lift and stock 32" X tires. It not as easy as having 35's but it can be done.

I'll be there Friday willing to run blues blue/blacks and easy blacks, Saturday and Sunday I will have my wife and 1 yr old with me so will probably stick to green and blues.

Also Piginajeep/Bustabizz do you need trail guide volunteers? I know there are a few of us that run up there often and know the park well, I would be willing to lead a blue/green group.

Last edited by Jeepin Dad; 08-29-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll be sticking with greens/light blues and a few blues this trip. Only have a 2"BB with 32's.

Quick Reply: 4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register