Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register

Old 08-12-2008, 04:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepin Dad
Rock sliders are a good choice but my #1 mod would be a evap canister skid plate or relocation kit, several have lost the canister there.

I got to relocate mine on the trail.

thats exactly the pic I was thinking of when I posted about the EC Sorry man, it just cracks me up everytime I see it. I guess Its cause I can relate And I was also thinking of the guy that went into the mud pit with one and came out without it He said he never found it I think it was Greasemonkey
Old 08-12-2008, 04:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Rock sliders are a good choice but my #1 mod would be a evap canister skid plate or relocation kit, several have lost the canister there.

If I order it now I wont get it till christmas up here LOL
Old 08-12-2008, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bly109
And I was also thinking of the guy that went into the mud pit with one and came out without it He said he never found it I think it was Greasemonkey
I was with him that day. The 5ft mud pit was greedy that day, he lost his canister and his brother inlaw sucked mud up into the clutch and had to be towed out (been there, done that ).
Old 08-12-2008, 04:36 PM
JK Junkie

I was with him that day. The 5ft mud pit was greedy that day, he lost his canister and his brother inlaw sucked mud up into the clutch and had to be towed out (been there, done that ).
ouch. Yeah, thats why we started avoiding deep water and mud. I dont want to follow in your footsteps (besides my wife really would kill me and bury me in the pit). I'll just watch the crazy snorkel crowd and take pics.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bly109
ouch. Yeah, thats why we started avoiding deep water and mud. I dont want to follow in your footsteps (besides my wife really would kill me and bury me in the pit). I'll just watch the crazy snorkel crowd and take pics.
Yeah since I destroyed the clutch, slave cylinder and siezed the rear driveshaft I have avoid the deep holes like the plague. I do not want to have to call my wife to ask her come get me again, I'm not sure if she would come Plus the clean up is a lot easier if I just stick to the rocks.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:45 AM
JK Super Freak

Thanks guys! I want to make sure I am a tad bit ready to go. Not really looking forward to breaking anything... and I am sure that since the tree didn't get out of the way then, I am sure some mud monster will attack! Going on the website now to see about the evap cannister!
Old 08-13-2008, 06:01 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah since I destroyed the clutch, slave cylinder and siezed the rear driveshaft I have avoid the deep holes like the plague. I do not want to have to call my wife to ask her come get me again, I'm not sure if she would come Plus the clean up is a lot easier if I just stick to the rocks.

I learned my "Mud Bath" lesson a LONG time ago. (I lost my XR350 in a logskidder path, literally. I had to go blind diving with a chain hook to try to find it.)
You wont be seeing me in any mudpits.

But i like to watch.

I am hoping to have the underoos on it by then, so I may/may not play on some rocks.

I really am just going for some light trail stuff to get the better half to have some fun.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:35 PM
JK Jedi Master

you really need rocker protection,

IMO rocker protection first, it'll cut down on body damage, skid plates and evap canisters can be replaced alot easier than a damaged tub.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:45 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
you really need rocker protection,

IMO rocker protection first, it'll cut down on body damage, skid plates and evap canisters can be replaced alot easier than a damaged tub.

I am trying, but dunno if i will have it all done before then. skids for sure (they where already ordered and are on the way), the rockers... I just dunno if that'll happen.
Old 08-14-2008, 12:47 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
I am trying, but dunno if i will have it all done before then. skids for sure (they where already ordered and are on the way), the rockers... I just dunno if that'll happen.
if your running stock trails you'll be fine, I dont think you'll need to worry.

If some jerk wouldnt have been an indian giver you would have had a set.

Quick Reply: 4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register