Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register

Old 10-13-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acelockco
Well, how do you explain water skiing?
Trust me, they aren't the amish I have near me here in Erie, PA. They must be modernized, and aren't really following the traditions. The ones around us, make their own clothes, use no electricity, live off the land, and so on. Now a jetskiing amish clan is definitely probably from a sect that enjoys the finer things in life . You getting a new tire or are you just gonna say screw it and get 5 brand new bigger tires????????
Old 10-13-2008, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Thanks to everyone in Stock Group A

My family and I had a terrific time on Saturday. Everyone in our group was extremely friendly and we all got along. I want to say thanks to RogueJK for befriending us at the hotel and giving me pointers at the hotel. You and your family were really fun to talk to. Hopefully we will meet again in the future. I had a blast and only damage taken was to my side steps on both sides. They are still intact and very useable, just cracked There was another family we met at the hotel, you were driving a stock red colored Sahara with the hard top, we didn't get to say goodbye and I am totally crappy with names. I believe you guys were from Dover, Delaware. Please send me a PM so we can exchange names, etc.. It was fun talking to you as well, and sorry about your outing with your group Can't wait till next time!!!! I was the only silver Jeep in our group so now it's easy to put my face (as ugly as it is) to my forum name.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey everybody!
We had a great weekend and it was really nice to see familiar faces as well as meet other forum members.

Many thanks to our group leader, Steve. AWESOME
It was great meeting Chris.

I don't think I got to meet Benmar...:(

We cut out Sunday morning to go and do some site seeing, and ended the weekend with our annual trek to Field of Screams. We crawled in late last night/early this morning exhausted from a great weekend.

Thanks everybody!
Old 10-13-2008, 07:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
The better half has already asked about unloading her VUE and getting her own Jeep.

I have effectively pulled her over to the Dark Side...
muahahahahahahahaha....

I am so proud of her...
Congrats to your better half! Just remember, life is good when couples drive seperately! Gawd...BaltChief and I in the same automobile...

Seriously, I kept my (non-Jeep) SUV. As we each have 2-door Jeeps and VERY tall kids, it was just easier to hang on to a family ride.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HawesEA2
I already convinced the wife into getting some good rock sliders. The Jeep almost overheated on me with about 40 miles left to get home. I'll have to remember to hose the radiator clean before I leave next time. It was caked with mud from that hole we went into. I was wondering why my air conditioning wasn't working right on the way home.

Ha' too funny, my wife told me she wants those River Raider rock sliders!

As far as the A/C working, I had mine running most of the day and did not have any overheating issues. It was surely the mud, I am going to make a mud guard for my JK, I will send you some pics so you can make one as well, it is really an easy do it your self job. I used to carry a jug of water to splash some of the mud away back in the day, now I need some type of water pump and a switch...lol

As far as the tires, I am using that busted tire as an excuse to get some better meat on my Jeep. I am just trying to decide if I need bigger and a lift or just some MT's. You know $$ talks.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

What a great weekend! I only was able to drive for one day due to a jacked-up back but, still had a great time. Big thanks to Todd Dickflip Meatspin III for letting me squat in his right seat for for a couple of days!!! You saved my weekend bro! I'll be post processing my pictures in the next day or two then I'll post a link to my Webshots page. Thanks to all the organizers and supporters of this event. See you next year!
Old 10-13-2008, 12:32 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Rock Sniper
What a great weekend! I only was able to drive for one day due to a jacked-up back but, still had a great time. Big thanks to Todd Dickflip Meatspin III for letting me squat in his right seat for for a couple of days!!! You saved my weekend bro! I'll be post processing my pictures in the next day or two then I'll post a link to my Webshots page. Thanks to all the organizers and supporters of this event. See you next year!

it was good to meet you, we need to make our way to canada in June!
Old 10-13-2008, 03:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep

Ditto. I'm in for a Canada run. I'll start knitting a star spangled toque!
Old 10-13-2008, 03:25 PM
JK Junkie

Not a problem man. It was nice ot have my own personal photog
Originally Posted by Piginajeep

We are going to get serious about it here and try to organise something really nice for all of you.

Ditto. I'm in for a Canada run. I'll start knitting a star spangled toque!
Just leave the piece at home Dirty Harry.....dont make me "bust a cap in yo ass"

TH
Old 10-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
Not a problem man. It was nice ot have my own personal photog

We are going to get serious about it here and try to organise something really nice for all of you.

Just leave the piece at home Dirty Harry.....dont make me "bust a cap in yo ass"

TH

I forget where you said you where planning on doing it?

Quick Reply: 4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register