Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register

Old 10-12-2008, 05:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by guinness
Jamie and I led the moderate group until around noon. Had a good time w/ some members I hadnt met before and then headed out. All my damage was from Fri & Sat so I just had to be careful on the ride home. Fingernail happened yesterday stackin rocks and was throbbin by the time I got home so I tried the drill technique. Act feels and looks alot better now than when I posted earlier, but still wouldnt do it again.
That's cool. Sorry I had to bail, but last night was drama filled, and just made sense to head home.
I'll add to the list of breakage, add my brand new set of front shocks, looks like I blew them out again, and add a set of control arm bushings. Other then that a great time on the trails Friday and Sat.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:09 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by usgaone
That's cool. Sorry I had to bail, but last night was drama filled, and just made sense to head home.
I'll add to the list of breakage, add my brand new set of front shocks, looks like I blew them out again, and add a set of control arm bushings. Other then that a great time on the trails Friday and Sat.
My upper front FT arms started squeaking saturday.......
Old 10-12-2008, 06:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks to all the organizers and trail guides. Had a great time out there and escaped with minor damage, only a tire. Thanks to Tyler, Jamie and Mike for the great spotting. Looking forward to the next JK fest.

Originally Posted by usgaone
Sorry you had to get out early. Hope all is well.

Originally Posted by guinness
By the way never drill a hole in a wrecked finger nail, hurts like hell and doesnt really help. Looks cool though.
Can't believe you drilled your finger. I think they were pulling your leg on that.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Thanks again to all who put this together, Well planned and a Great time had by us Canadians, glad to meet a bunch of great people, hope everyone got home okay and any damage can be fixed easily, take care and see you next year

cheers Steve
Old 10-12-2008, 09:15 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by RDY4RKS
Thanks to all the organizers and trail guides. Had a great time out there and escaped with minor damage, only a tire. Thanks to Tyler, Jamie and Mike for the great spotting. Looking forward to the next JK fest.

Sorry you had to get out early. Hope all is well.

Can't believe you drilled your finger. I think they were pulling your leg on that.
thanks for coming out, I'll be getting the pictures soon. I have alot of great flex pictures of your jeep..

by the way, I was wrong the donkey incident did happen in mexico..
Old 10-13-2008, 02:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
thanks for coming out, I'll be getting the pictures soon. I have alot of great flex pictures of your jeep..

by the way, I was wrong the donkey incident did happen in mexico..

It is too cold for donkeys in Canada anyway.

"look at meeeeeee"
Old 10-13-2008, 03:25 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks to ALL our members who where able to attend!

I had a great time, I tried to get to talk to most, I apologize if i missed you. WOW there where a lot of people!

Thanks PIAJ & Bustabizz for a great weekend, it would not have happened without your efforts.

The better half did just fine (in fact perfect in my opinion) for her first time out, she had a blast, didn't speed, didn't tailgate, put her tires right where they should have been every single time... but unfortunately got a touch of the flu or something so we ended up having to bail off the trail so she could go lie down and feel like hell in private.

I did get to drive a little, so . Wasn't much, just enough to tease me. In fact, the only bumps and scrapes we received, where from when i was driving and slid off/upended a table rock. It flipped up on one end, whacked the bottom, and a slid sideways and ran a downed branch across a fender. So, the first Rausch Tattoo i added.

Downside? I had planned on her going down some greens to get her confidence up a little, then move back to the modified group so i could give a shot at amending my sidesteps.
Didn't happen this time around, but there is always next time. and I am already looking forward to it.

The better half has already asked about unloading her VUE and getting her own Jeep.

I have effectively pulled her over to the Dark Side...
muahahahahahahahaha....

I am so proud of her...

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 10-13-2008 at 03:31 AM.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by benmar2000
I think it was Kenny from River Raiders that I met this morning.. He was heading out to RC..The family and I did a trip to King of Prussia Mall.. They just opened a LEGO store.. LEGO's rule!!

But of all the things I have seen on this trip, I saw an Amish girl roller blading.. Nothing against the Amish.. Very very nice people.. But Roller Blades?
They can use them, there's no electricity involved, LoL. Still would have been something to see, especially with the dresses.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HawesEA2
They can use them, there's no electricity involved, LoL. Still would have been something to see, especially with the dresses.
Well, how do you explain water skiing?
Old 10-13-2008, 07:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by acelockco
Here are a few shots from Saturday

If you were in this group with me, send me a PM so we can share the rest of the photos.

I have some more, but I don't want to make this post insanely long.
Dude you were tearing up the trails in your rig. Sorry bout the tire, still don't know what the hell you hit in that hole we went through? I was right in front of you when it happened. I have video footage and some pics. Once I get everything uploaded I will send you some, or atleast give you the link to photobucket or youtube for them.

[QUOTE=2k2wranglerx;732381]
Originally Posted by acelockco
Your not kidding! This was the first time we had our stock JK on the trail and I was amazed at what it was capable of doing! We had such a great time meeting everyone from the JK_Forum and 4wd Hardware. I can't wait to do it again!

I had a good tim leading you guys! we pretty much saw the whole park!

team daily driver covered a LOT of ground.
Haha, yeah we did. Thanks for getting me to that mud hole. That's all I wanted all day long was to get muddy. I see you're near the 'Burg. Well I am from Erie, so if you ever wheel anywhere in between, send me a pm and maybe we can meet again. If I am not mistaken you asked me about erie jeep people? Thanks for the spotting, as I only did minimal damage. Both of my side steps are cracked, I already convinced the wife into getting some good rock sliders. The Jeep almost overheated on me with about 40 miles left to get home. I'll have to remember to hose the radiator clean before I leave next time. It was caked with mud from that hole we went into. I was wondering why my air conditioning wasn't working right on the way home.

Quick Reply: 4WD Hardware Eastcoast JK fest- October 10-12, No cut off date to register