Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

3rd Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/19/13

Old 09-15-2013, 10:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had some time last night, so I started to split everyone up into groups. I added them to the first post in this thread. Please keep a few things in mind with regard to the groupings.

First, this is just a preliminary line up. It is by no means set in stone. It can, and most likely will change a little, especially if we get a bunch more people signing up. In that case, I'll need to find another trail guide and maybe pull one or two of you into another group.

Second, this list has people on it from both JK-forum and JKfreaks, so some of the names you will not recognize or be able to find in a search.

Last, if I missed anyone and you are planning on being there, I apologize. Please post up or send me a PM, and I'll get you into a group. Also, if you're listed, but you'd like to be in a different group, let me know and I'll do my best to accommodate you.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is it October 19th yet? Can't wait to get out there!
Old 09-16-2013, 10:16 AM
JK Junkie

Mike - count me in for this. Had a blast the last Family Fall Ride, so why not again this year? Was going back and forth with my decision because I'm going 2 weekends before as well on 10/4-10/6, but screw it - it'll be an awesome weekend for many reasons - it's my daughters birthday that sunday, the 20th - so I will be heading home Saturday night after an awesome day on the trails to continue the awesome weekend celebrating my daughter turning 2! GIT-R-DONE!

What's the deal with everyone's accommodations? Are people camping out? Or staying at the hotel? If people are camping out, I'll join. If not, I'll have to get a room. I ask because I don't want to be the only one camping out! Also, I'd want to book the room now before it's all filled up.

Look forward to seeing everyone out there.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
Mike - count me in for this. Had a blast the last Family Fall Ride, so why not again this year? Was going back and forth with my decision because I'm going 2 weekends before as well on 10/4-10/6, but screw it - it'll be an awesome weekend for many reasons - it's my daughters birthday that sunday, the 20th - so I will be heading home Saturday night after an awesome day on the trails to continue the awesome weekend celebrating my daughter turning 2! GIT-R-DONE!

What's the deal with everyone's accommodations? Are people camping out? Or staying at the hotel? If people are camping out, I'll join. If not, I'll have to get a room. I ask because I don't want to be the only one camping out! Also, I'd want to book the room now before it's all filled up.

Ill be camping out unless its frigid
Old 09-16-2013, 12:30 PM
JK Super Freak

So looking forward to this. Put new tires on the JKU in the spring. Just finished putting in a CB just need to tune the antenna, if anyone has an SWR meter please let me know. My set up has a 4'firestik with a tunable tip.
Lastly I'm in the process of swapping out my worn out 4.5" Trailmaster kit for a 5.5" Rock Krawler kit. Have the control arms and 2.0 remote reservoir shocks in. Tom and Jake at Smashboogie 4x4 got me the parts and are handling putting in the springs, links, trackbars and brackets front and rear, draglink flip, etc. Will have it all ready before that weekend. Awesome people to deal with. Glad to work with them.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got you on the list. I had to add another group, so I'm in the process of redoing the lineup. You'll be on the next revision that's coming out sometime tomorrow. I think there's a bunch of guys that are planning on camping out Saturday night, then wheeling Sunday. Most of them are from the JKfreaks side.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by dcharge74
Got you on the list. I had to add another group, so I'm in the process of redoing the lineup. You'll be on the next revision that's coming out sometime tomorrow. I think there's a bunch of guys that are planning on camping out Saturday night, then wheeling Sunday. Most of them are from the JKfreaks side.
Sounds good. If you need me for anything, let me know. I think I'm going to book a room regardless. I can cancel same day if I happen to change my mind and camp. I'd be arriving late anyway, so to set up camp after a 2 hour drive at night won't be my ideal choice....hence me booking a room.

EDIT: Ok then.........guess no room for me, haha. All booked up already at the Comfort Inn. Nothing like a cozy night in the jeep!

Last edited by FoxRacingJMC; 09-17-2013 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Sounds good. If you need me for anything, let me know. I think I'm going to book a room regardless. I can cancel same day if I happen to change my mind and camp. I'd be arriving late anyway, so to set up camp after a 2 hour drive at night won't be my ideal choice....hence me booking a room.

EDIT: Ok then.........guess no room for me, haha. All booked up already at the Comfort Inn. Nothing like a cozy night in the jeep!
Don't worry, a far as I know the plan is to top the fire we had after day 1 of tata's. So I'm assuming this one will probably melt steel.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:07 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AaronJK
Don't worry, a far as I know the plan is to top the fire we had after day 1 of tata's. So I'm assuming this one will probably melt steel.
I know Mike mentioned people camping most likely Saturday night, but I'm heading home after we get off the trails. I'll only be staying overnight on Friday. Are people going to be camping out Friday night?
Old 09-17-2013, 09:25 AM
Former Vendor

I know Mike mentioned people camping most likely Saturday night, but I'm heading home after we get off the trails. I'll only be staying overnight on Friday. Are people going to be camping out Friday night?
We haven't decided if we are heading out that Friday night and setting up camp or if we are leaving early Saturday Morning yet. If we do set up camp Friday night you can bet we will have a bonfire lol.

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/19/13