Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

3rd Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/19/13

Old 09-03-2013, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4
No you don't. You just know how to drive around and say "That looks cool, lets try it" You have been wheelin' with us a bit to much.
He can't possibly know it less than he did last year. I believe it was his first time at Rausch and he took a group and led them around the park by the seat of his pants. He really saved my ass.

But yes, I agree, hanging out with you and Tom has made him a little more brazen...or maybe a lot more.

Hard to believe that less than a year ago, he was barely more than stock and was still a Rausch virgin. Damn, they grow up so fast.....
Old 09-03-2013, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He ended up following me last year but reading all I've missed out on it looks like Ill be the one following and getting advice next time out.
Old 09-03-2013, 05:32 PM
JK Freak

Aww thanks guys!
Originally Posted by StoneMill
He ended up following me last year but reading all I've missed out on it looks like Ill be the one following and getting advice next time out.
Yeah, thanks for that. I knew I had you, Phottomatt, and x-man in my group so there would be experienced people who could take over if I needed help. I figured I'd just get things started and we'd go from there. One big thing I feel really bad about is not realizing how insanely SLOW the Rubi was in 4lo. Lol My wife was much happier to follow behind.
My best advice would be follow Jake, but take a different line if he hits a tree.

Originally Posted by dcharge74
He can't possibly know it less than he did last year. I believe it was his first time at Rausch and he took a group and led them around the park by the seat of his pants. He really saved my ass.

But yes, I agree, hanging out with you and Tom has made him a little more brazen...or maybe a lot more.

Hard to believe that less than a year ago, he was barely more than stock and was still a Rausch virgin. Damn, they grow up so fast.....
Yeah, really, it's been a crazy fun year Mike. Letting the reckless side of me out is part of what makes this so much fun. Hopefully I've watched you lead enough now to move everything along smoothly. You are a hell of a good guide!
And yes, taking a group out as a newbie was probably not the smartest thing I've done. :rolleyes:

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4
No you don't. You just know how to drive around and say "That looks cool, lets try it" You have been wheelin' with us a bit to much.
Good point Jake! I do know to avoid J, unless the group is really doing well, and I will find someone to try the super easy mud pit at the bottom of 11 that no one ever gets stuck in. You and Tom have really helped me see how far I can take the Jeep without pushing me into anything. Always fun!

Sent using my SuperSmartThinky Phone
Old 09-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dcharge74

I just like messing around with Aaron. He is always a good sport lol, but yes he does come through in the clutch and is always willing to help.

We have taken him through some fairly difficult sections, so he is getting much more comfortable with everything. Even if we didn't take him through those sections he would have progressed just fine as he just loves to go out and beat on the rig a bit.

Originally Posted by AaronJK
My best advice would be follow Jake, but take a different line if he hits a tree.

Good point Jake! I do know to avoid J, unless the group is really doing well, and I will find someone to try the super easy mud pit at the bottom of 11 that no one ever gets stuck in. You and Tom have really helped me see how far I can take the Jeep without pushing me into anything. Always fun!

I only hit the tree once, but once is enough.

J is fun and everyone can get through it. People just don't like being off camber to often. J2 on the other hand normally turns into a mess. Check out our Facebook to see how an XJ did while trying to follow us. Tom was there to help him out. I was to busy looking for the camera.

I'm glad you feel we haven't pushed you at all. Now I know we need to push you up Crawl Daddy and into Death Trap!!
Old 09-04-2013, 01:17 AM
JK Freak

It's hard to resist anything with a name like death trap lol! Definitely going to walk that before trying to drive it. Also, I seem to remember a trail light popping off on 20 and a door hitting a tree on 16... That was a great day.

Old 09-04-2013, 03:17 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AaronJK
It's hard to resist anything with a name like death trap lol! Definitely going to walk that before trying to drive it. Also, I seem to remember a trail light popping off on 20 and a door hitting a tree on 16... That was a great day.

Oh if you count those times then yes I hit many trees. Just this past Saturday I must have hit about 4 on one trail.

No Damage though!
Old 09-04-2013, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Add 3 more. My brother in law and a friend said they're in for sure with there JKs. My wife says she is going to drive her jeep this time instead of co piloting.
Looking for a deal on 35" KM2s since its time for new rubber on her jeep.
Still working on my father in law to take his. XMAN is out for this year.
I can lead our group/family.
Old 09-04-2013, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

I'm in had a blast last time
Old 09-04-2013, 05:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by StoneMill
Add 3 more. My brother in law and a friend said they're in for sure with there JKs. My wife says she is going to drive her jeep this time instead of co piloting.
Looking for a deal on 35" KM2s since its time for new rubber on her jeep.
Still working on my father in law to take his. XMAN is out for this year.
I can lead our group/family.
Cool! I'll get them on the list. Good luck on the tires. I've been hearing rumors that the 35's are on national back order.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by marcum
I'm in had a blast last time
You're on the list!

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/19/13