Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

3rd Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/19/13

Old 10-24-2013, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Billbikes
I'm hoping you're getting rid of the CAI.....
So is the insurance replacing the engine or dropping in a hemi? One can dream???
They are replacing the motor with a new crate! (no hemi! )
Old 10-24-2013, 02:04 PM
JK Freak

I was just kidding. Good thing you're getting a new motor, though.
About the snorkle, it is an added expense, but cheap insurance. Or you could run the stock airbox a while, and be careful entering water holes.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've had a CAI since I bought my Jeep, 3+ years and it's gonna stay. Done a lot of water crossings also.:thumbup:

From Xparent red on the Wicked
Old 10-24-2013, 03:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Phottomatt
I've had a CAI since I bought my Jeep, 3+ years and it's gonna stay. Done a lot of water crossings also.:thumbup: From Xparent red on the Wicked
Glad you have had no issues. I'd still stay away from them. Personally I just pickup a snorkel, not just for deep crossing but plowing through puddles ( do not do this, just saying) can even Cause issues.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ibanez0154
Glad you have had no issues. I'd still stay away from them. Personally I just pickup a snorkel, not just for deep crossing but plowing through puddles ( do not do this, just saying) can even Cause issues.
Yeah, my apologies, my last post didn't sound good. I wasn't trying to insinuate anything just saying I've had good luck with it, I like it and it actually makes me extra caution when getting wet. And I don't ever want to go deaper then the door sill anyway.

From Xparent red on the Wicked
Old 10-30-2013, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SHUDan6
I want to thank Mike for getting this all togther and I will hopefully be back out with you guys on Black Friday. You can already sign Laura and I up for Topless for Tatas!

Anyway, Insurance is putting in a brand new motor (with warranty) and checking all electrical components as the relays were going crazy before we disconnected the battery. I will actually have the Jeep back early next week! I have Progressive insurance and they have been nothing but wonderful with this! I couldn't have been luckier! (well,I guess if I didn't go through a deep mud hole faster than I should have with a cool air intake i would have been smarter!)

Here is the carnage!

Attachment 507537Attachment 507538

Here is the carnage.
Hey Dan, I just saw this... I have been out of the forums due to an incredible workload!

I was reading it here. I have one extra air stock box, do you need it? Seems funny that you gave me yours a while back...

When is this Black Friday ride taking place? I might think about going... there is another guy here in the forum trying to organize a ride in Stokes next Sunday, in case you are interested - and you have your rig fully working!

Let me know!
Old 10-31-2013, 08:20 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Vuck Roger
Hey Dan, I just saw this... I have been out of the forums due to an incredible workload!

I was reading it here. I have one extra air stock box, do you need it? Seems funny that you gave me yours a while back...

When is this Black Friday ride taking place? I might think about going... there is another guy here in the forum trying to organize a ride in Stokes next Sunday, in case you are interested - and you have your rig fully working!

Let me know!
Hugo,

As far as the Black Friday ride, I would talk with Mike (DeCharge). I am going to try to make it. My JK should be done this week! Then it may be time to break it in (pun intended).

As far as the air box goes, yeah, you can smell the irony in this one! I am having the Insurance company put a brand new stock air box on and my plans are to sell the CAI. Before I go saying I won't need teh extra one that you have, let me make sure they made the change when I get my car back.

Send me more information about the Stokes trip. I amy be interested. I don't know my schedule for the next few weekends but if I have my Jeep back, I may wanna take the trip.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Vuck Roger

Let me know!
The Black Friday ride started a few years ago. Instead of going shopping on the day after thanksgiving, a bunch of us get together and go wheeling. It has grown a bit since then, and it's usually a good sized group. There are people wheeling all levels of trails from greens to reds. Most wheel Friday, and a lot stay over and wheel Saturday also. There are even a couple diehards that stick around an hit the trails Sunday, too. All together, I'd say there are usually around 30-40 rigs there for Friday, and maybe 20-30 on Saturday.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

I have a stock 2013 rubicon and can't wait to get it dirty, count me in for 2.
Old 11-01-2013, 07:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SirPrince
I have a stock 2013 rubicon and can't wait to get it dirty, count me in for 2.
You're talking about the Black Friday ride, correct. Because the family trail ride was two weeks ago. I don't have anything to do with putting the BF run together. It's not really an "organized" event. We all just meet at Rausch in the morning and split into groups in the parking lot. Don't get me wrong, you're more than welcome to come out an wheel with us. It's open to everyone. Just be aware that there's no thread for the ride and no one is keeping track who is coming. If you go, make sure that you're at the park on time, or everyone will hit the trails without you. We usually meet at the park between 8-8:30. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/19/13