Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

3rd Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/19/13

Old 10-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AaronJK
Anyway, the important thing is Jodi kept looking down blue and black trails and saying how much fun they look.
Don't forget about the St. Patty's Day Mud Crawl.
Glad to hear she had fun and is looking to have even more fun down some of the more difficult trails. I'm also glad to hear that she appreciated your build so far.
Old 10-23-2013, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dcharge74
Hey guys! I wanted to thank everyone that came out and made this ride a success again this year. I hope you all had a great time. We'll definitely be doing this again next year, so keep your eyes open for the thread.

If anyone is interested, there is another ride coming up Black Friday and the day after. There will be people running all different level trails, so there should be something for everyone.

Also, don't forget about the Topless for Tatas run next August. Registration should be opening up sometime in early 2014.

And one last thing, I was in contact with Dan from my group today. He's the one that had the little mishap in the water off of Pole Line. He found out that everything's going to be taken care of, and we'll see him back on the trails in no time......with a snorkel this time. I don't want to go any further into the subject, at least until it's completely resolved. Just wanted everyone to know that everything is going to work out for him.

Thanks again everyone!

Mike

I want to thank Mike for getting this all togther and I will hopefully be back out with you guys on Black Friday. You can already sign Laura and I up for Topless for Tatas!

Anyway, Insurance is putting in a brand new motor (with warranty) and checking all electrical components as the relays were going crazy before we disconnected the battery. I will actually have the Jeep back early next week! I have Progressive insurance and they have been nothing but wonderful with this! I couldn't have been luckier! (well,I guess if I didn't go through a deep mud hole faster than I should have with a cool air intake i would have been smarter!)

Here is the carnage!

Click image for larger version

Name:	JKU Trailer.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	507537Click image for larger version

Name:	JKU Motor.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	507538

Here is the carnage.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SHUDan6
I want to thank Mike for getting this all togther and I will hopefully be back out with you guys on Black Friday. You can already sign Laura and I up for Topless for Tatas!

Anyway, Insurance is putting in a brand new motor (with warranty) and checking all electrical components as the relays were going crazy before we disconnected the battery. I will actually have the Jeep back early next week! I have Progressive insurance and they have been nothing but wonderful with this! I couldn't have been luckier! (well,I guess if I didn't go through a deep mud hole faster than I should have with a cool air intake i would have been smarter!)

Here is the carnage!

Attachment 507537Attachment 507538

Here is the carnage.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382559146316.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	507561

Can't help it
Old 10-23-2013, 02:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SHUDan6

Here is the carnage!

Attachment 507537Attachment 507538

Here is the carnage.
Glad to hear it is all going to work out.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1382566952888.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	507570

From Xparent red on the Wicked
Old 10-23-2013, 02:40 PM
JK Freak

Good to hear you'll be up and running again soon!
I see no problem with the pic Phottomatt posted, that Jeep will clearly not get water in the intake. He approached that right.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:51 PM
JK Freak

I'm hoping you're getting rid of the CAI.....
So is the insurance replacing the engine or dropping in a hemi? One can dream???
Old 10-23-2013, 03:46 PM
JK Newbie

This was my second year attending & had a great time, got to wheel a few new places with a great bunch of guys & gals. This was the first time I ever got the Jeep officially stuck. Big thanks to Mike for putting this together and to Jon for leading.

Name:	RC.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	507623
Old 10-24-2013, 04:18 AM
JK Newbie

At the Vermont Overland Rally we used an APP called Avenza which works with PDF maps and the GPS on your smart phone so you can track where you are on trails.

This would be great to have for Raush as a way to learn the area.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Phottomatt
Attachment 507570

From Xparent red on the Wicked
That's great! I will have to remember that approach angle!

As far as a Hemi goes....like you said, one can dream!

Yes, the CAI will be gone. They are replacing it with a stock air box to start the snorkel build. At this point, I am thinking about going with the Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Kit and having Smash Boogie and his shop do the install. Trying to validate that though while buying a house and an engagement ring may be tough! (but it was HER suggestion to get the snorkel!)

Speaking of that, anyone want to buy a moderately used CAI?

Name:	snorkel 2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	507730Click image for larger version

Name:	snorkel 1.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	12.8 KB
ID:	507731

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/19/13