Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

3rd Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/19/13

Old 09-21-2013, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by myrojk
You shoild bring your shop down here to south jersey :p
Once we are rolling we can always arrange to pick up and deliver your rig if it makes life easier for you.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4
Right now we don't have a shop. We have been traveling to customers houses and doing work out of our garage.
So how far are you willing to go. I'm near Hershey PA. I've got the shop, the tools, and a car lift but feel like I need a little help (or at least a push) to get this Full Traction lift on the JKU.

Also working on a rock climb area on the property so I can fully test stuff out before making a trip to wheel.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 09-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by StoneMill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Let me discuss with my partner Tom, also exactly which Full Traction kit? Knowing what is involved helps us schedule properly.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JerseyMark
Might be able to go with wife and my son. I've never been to rausch, I've only been to NJ places - mostly wharton in the past. Just wondering how it compares. I do not like the mud and pinstriping of wharton - beats up my jk which is my dd. I'm hoping rausch is better.
Rausch is completely different. I worry more about breaking at Wharton. I tend to go pretty fast there, and when you hit a hole or a bump, you really feel it! At Rausch you can't go very fast at all. It's a more crawling in first or second gear in 4lo. It is rocky, even on the greens, but you're rolling so slowly, it absorbs the bumps well. As long as you're aired down and disconnected.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKU4Life
Just joined, love the forum! Bought our first jeep 6 months ago and are hooked 4 life. We will join the family ride, can't wait.
Awesome! Got you on the list.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:09 AM
JK Newbie

Is there still room on the list? If so I'm in for some of the easier trails. I don't want to destroy my dd, and I'll have my 5 and 3 yo with me.

Dave
Old 09-23-2013, 08:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by spesrf25
Is there still room on the list? If so I'm in for some of the easier trails. I don't want to destroy my dd, and I'll have my 5 and 3 yo with me.

Dave
Yes, there's still plenty of room. Don't worry, all the trails on this ride will be easy green trails. With your setup, you should have no problems. I had a stock 4dr sport on blues this past weekend with minimal issues. I'll get you slotted into a group.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by dcharge74
Yes, there's still plenty of room. Don't worry, all the trails on this ride will be easy green trails. With your setup, you should have no problems. I had a stock 4dr sport on blues this past weekend with minimal issues. I'll get you slotted into a group.
Awesome! Can't wait.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:12 PM
JK Freak

You can put me down for a maybe right now. That's hunting season :-) Wouldn't mind being with you or smashboogie if possible.

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/19/13