Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

3rd Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/19/13

Old 09-17-2013, 09:27 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonedoc
So looking forward to this. Put new tires on the JKU in the spring. Just finished putting in a CB just need to tune the antenna, if anyone has an SWR meter please let me know. My set up has a 4'firestik with a tunable tip.
Lastly I'm in the process of swapping out my worn out 4.5" Trailmaster kit for a 5.5" Rock Krawler kit. Have the control arms and 2.0 remote reservoir shocks in. Tom and Jake at Smashboogie 4x4 got me the parts and are handling putting in the springs, links, trackbars and brackets front and rear, draglink flip, etc. Will have it all ready before that weekend. Awesome people to deal with. Glad to work with them.
Thanks for the shout out! We will have you all set for this trip, hopefully you can find some fun side trails to dip off of to test it all out.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4
We haven't decided if we are heading out that Friday night and setting up camp or if we are leaving early Saturday Morning yet. If we do set up camp Friday night you can bet we will have a bonfire lol.
Unless I HAVE to, I hate getting up early as hell and driving for hours....lol. I'd rather leave at like 8-9pm Friday night, hopefully miss all the traffic, and be there in the morning come check-in at the park. Matter of preference I guess, lol
Old 09-17-2013, 09:47 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
Unless I HAVE to, I hate getting up early as hell and driving for hours....lol. I'd rather leave at like 8-9pm Friday night, hopefully miss all the traffic, and be there in the morning come check-in at the park. Matter of preference I guess, lol
I completely agree with you on that one. Just depends how much we have to get done on Friday before we can head out. Sometimes its 1am before we can consider calling it a night.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
X2 on this. I was planning on driving in early Sat morning but seeing that so many are coming in Friday night I'm thinking I may grab a room one of the hotels as well. Which comfort inn is it?
Old 09-17-2013, 09:52 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Bonedoc
X2 on this. I was planning on driving in early Sat morning but seeing that so many are coming in Friday night I'm thinking I may grab a room one of the hotels as well. Which comfort inn is it?
Comfort Inn, Pine Grove PA. However, they are all booked that weekend. I called about an hour ago. Like Mike said, that other group has a ride that day too, so they all booked rooms. There are a couple other hotels right in the immediate area, however - they don't offer the deeply discounted rate that Comfort Inn does....
Old 09-17-2013, 10:39 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4
Thanks for the shout out! We will have you all set for this trip, hopefully you can find some fun side trails to dip off of to test it all out.
That's what the fall family ride day 2 is for, Black Sunday.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by AaronJK
That's what the fall family ride day 2 is for, Black Sunday.
This is true. We will see how it all works out.
Old 09-18-2013, 04:55 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump it up! Groupings have been updated.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:15 AM
JK Freak

Might be able to go with wife and my son. I've never been to rausch, I've only been to NJ places - mostly wharton in the past. Just wondering how it compares. I do not like the mud and pinstriping of wharton - beats up my jk which is my dd. I'm hoping rausch is better.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JerseyMark
Might be able to go with wife and my son. I've never been to rausch, I've only been to NJ places - mostly wharton in the past. Just wondering how it compares. I do not like the mud and pinstriping of wharton - beats up my jk which is my dd. I'm hoping rausch is better.
Let me start by saying that I've never been to Wharton, so I can only go by what people have told me. The difference between the two is night and day. From what I gather, Wharton is mostly mud, water, and sand. Rausch on the other hand is a lot of rocks and tree stumps. Don't get me wrong, Rausch has its share of mud and water, but most of it can be avoided if you really want to. Side by side, I think most would say that they favor Rausch over Wharton any day of the week. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post them, or you can PM directly. If you decide you'd like to give it a try, let me know and I'll put you on the list.

Mike

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/19/13