Notices
East Coast If you live in the Mid-Atlantic area (Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, DC, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina) and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

3rd Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/19/13

Old 08-13-2013, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3rd Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/19/13

After the overwhelming response last year, I'm going set up this ride on the same weekend again this fall. For those of you not familiar, this ride is going to be green trails ONLY. It's going to be a stock jeep and kid friendly event. We're going to be making plenty of stops for pictures and to let the kids blow off some steam. So if you're looking for a nice relaxing day on the trails, or if you want to try out your new jeep, then this ride is for you.

We had over 30 jeeps attend last year, and I'm expecting the same this time. That being said, I'm going to need some trail guides, so we can split into smaller groups. If you know the park and think that you've got the patience, let me know, and I'll put you down as a guide.

As we get closer to the date, I'll start posting up more info like meeting and departing times, and group assignments. If anyone has any questions, please feel free post them here, or you can PM me directly. Also, to avoid any confusion, I'm only going to mark you down on the attendee list if you confirm that you will definitely be attending. I'm not going to be keeping a "maybe" list. When you confirm, please let me know if you will have any kids with you, and their ages. This year, I'm going to try to get kids of similar ages into the same groups.

Hope to see everyone out there this Fall!

Attending
1) dcharge74 - lead(1)
2) Smashboogie4x4 - lead(2)
3) Marcum
4) ktownff(4)
5) ktownff +1
6) Bonedoc(4)
7) Phottomatt
8) CFPS12345(4)
9) Bug Stomper
10)Vuck Roger
11)SHUDan6(2)
12)McVaugh960(4)
13)Ssdudas
14)swift7777
15)SargeJK
16)TheDoubleD
17)Spyder721
18)StoneMill - lead
19)StoneMill +1
20)StoneMill +2
21)TankinPA
22)Rothermel
23)Tucanslam - lead
24)myrojk
25)Bagofdoorknobs
26)JKU4Life
27)spesrf25
28)Mjp_jk
29)cydnub

NEWS:

Alright, I've got some news for everyone. The guys from Seven Slot Society are having a charity event the same day as our ride, and they've invited us to join them for their cookout and fund raising raffle. There will be no additional cost to attend, but they do ask that you spend a few bucks on raffle tickets. There should be quite a few great prizes for someone to win. All proceeds from the raffle will be donated to 4 Wheel to Heal, which benefits wounded veterans from all branches of our armed forces. You can learn more about this charity here:

4 Wheel to Heal

The cookout afterward is completely voluntary, but if do attend, please, please, please buy some raffle tickets and help us raise some money for the men and women that have been injured protecting our freedoms.

As we get closer to the event, I'm going to need to get a head count of those of you that plan on sticking around. So think it over, and I'll ask everyone again in a few weeks.

Thanks guys!

dcharge74 - lead
Bogus1
Vuck Roger
SHUDan6
JKU4Life
McVaugh960

Smashboogie4x4 - lead
Bonedoc
Ssdudas
ArgentJK
TJK
Bagofdoorknobs - tail

StoneMill - lead
Rothermel
StoneMill +1
StoneMill +2
swift7777
TheDoubleD

AaronJK - lead
BugStomper
Sparky
spesrf25
SargeJK
Cydnub
Phottomatt

Tucanslam - lead
LIinstaller
CFPS12345
TankinPA
ktownff +1
ktownff - tail

CreepinYeti - lead
RedRum
RedRum +1
BigBertha
Jeep08!
ECHO +1 - tail

myrojk - lead
Mjp_jk
Spyder721
marcum
Billbikes - tail

I'd like to get everyone to the park between 8-8:30 in the morning. We're going to need to get 50+ jeeps aired down and disconnected, so it's going to take some time. I know quite a few of you have never done it before, but don't be afraid to ask for help if you have any questions. If you've never been to Rausch before, then you'll need to fill out your park membership registration form. I've included a link to the form below. In order to speed things up that morning, please print it out and have it filled in before you get to the park. I also posted a link that explains all the fees that you have to pay.

When you register in the office, they will ask you what group you are with. Please tell them that you are with the Seven Slot Society group. If we get enough people there, Rausch is going to donate a couple day passes for the raffle afterwards.

I'd like to have everyone on the trails no later than 9:30. We'll wheel for a few hours, then I was hoping that we could all meet up at a central location to have lunch together as a group. I'm not quite sure where yet, but I'll figure something out. After lunch, it's back to the trails until about 4-4:30. Everyone will then head back to the staging area and the end of the ride. Those that are staying for the Seven Slot Society cookout and raffle can head over to their tent and meet up with their group. They are starting to cook food and sell raffle tickets at 5pm, and the raffle is scheduled to start at 6. Again, there is no charge for the cookout, but if you stay for the food, please buy some raffle tickets. I don't want us to look like a bunch of freeloaders. 100% of the money from the raffle is going to 4 Wheel to Heal, so we know the money will be well spent.

If you plan on staying for the cookout/raffle, please reply in this thread with the number of people coming. I need to get them a solid number by the end of this weekend, so if everyone could let me know by Sunday afternoon! that would be great!

Membership registration form:
http://rauschcreekoffroadpark.com/do...er_app_new.pdf

Parental waiver:
http://rauschcreekoffroadpark.com/do...waiver_new.pdf

Park fee info:
Rausch Creek Off Road Park is a membership-based facility. There are no pre-requisites or waiting lists. All drivers and passengers must sign a membership application & liability waiver. Drivers and passengers age 16 and up are required to become members of the park which costs $15 per year and is good for one year from the date you join. Membership cards are given out when you join.

Children age 15 and younger are free, however, we require a parental waiver. All members under the age of 18 also require a parental waiver.

The daily entrance fee is $35.00 for the vehicle and driver. Passengers age 16 and up are $7.00 each (When a passenger joins the park, the $7.00 fee is waived that day). We offer free primitive camping for our members.

To speed up your registration and sign-in, please download the documents, fill them out, and bring them with you when you visit our facility. You'll get to go wheeln' sooner! The form requires the following info from BOTH DRIVERS AND PASSENGERS: Name, address, phone number, emergency contact info, driver's license number, vehicle description and license plate. Also, initial (do not check) the four individual waiver paragraphs. We need this information from passengers too.

Last edited by dcharge74; 10-18-2013 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We got you Mike, put us down for a lead.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4
We got you Mike, put us down for a lead.
Awesome! Got you down.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:49 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dcharge74
Awesome! Got you down.
After being on one trail all day long this past weekend you know we have the patients!!!
Old 08-14-2013, 05:13 AM
JK Newbie

Put me down for two, Cody wants to bring his TJ out to play for the first time.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Put us down Mike, Had a blast last year and looking forward to a day out.
Old 08-14-2013, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

VERY interested in coming down from Boston - I've never been to Rausch Creek, what are the costs involved? Any advice on places to stay?
Old 08-14-2013, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ktownff
Put me down for two, Cody wants to bring his TJ out to play for the first time.
I am willing to lead if necessary as well.
Old 08-14-2013, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

SOunds fun! I want in!

Are dogs allowed on this trip?
Old 08-14-2013, 09:23 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Davep22
VERY interested in coming down from Boston - I've never been to Rausch Creek, what are the costs involved? Any advice on places to stay?
Since you have never been to Rausch Creek you are required to purchase a year long membership. The membership is $15, everyone must purchase this membership even passengers. Additionally it is $35 a day to drive and $7 per passenger. If the passenger fee is waived with the purchase of a membership.

If you want to camp (which it might be a bit cold this time of the year) then it is free at RC. The camping is rough, meaning only porta-potties no running water or anything. They have other camp ground close by as well.

If you don't want to camp then the Comfort Inn in Pine Grove would be the place to stay. They are pet friendly (from what I hear), and offer a discounted rate to RC members.

Originally Posted by Juice33
SOunds fun! I want in!

Are dogs allowed on this trip?
Dogs are definitely allowed on this trip.

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Family Trail Ride @ Rausch Creek - 10/19/13