Notices
Cooking & Grilling General discussion forum regarding kitchen cooking and BAR-B-Q Grilling.

What are you grilling right now?

Old 07-19-2009, 04:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Work in progress Doojer
Old 07-19-2009, 04:53 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sweet!
Old 07-19-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doojer
Sweet!
Thanks. This meal got me on the wifes good side
Old 07-19-2009, 06:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dburgette
doojer,
I am looking for a grilling receipe for chicken that is unique. Your celentro chicken looked great. Give me something fairly simple to surprise the wife with.
Barbecue Chicken(Makes 6 servings)
1/4 cup low-fat vinaigrette dressing, such as sun-dried tomato
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons spicy barbecue sauce
12 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of visible fat (about 3 pounds)
1. In a small bowl, combine the dressing, Worcestershire sauce, and barbecue sauce. Place the chicken in a large, shallow dish and pour the marinade on top, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.2. Preheat the grill to high. Grill the chicken pieces, turning often, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 170°F, the juices run clear, and the chicken is golden on all sides.

Also I add a bit of Louisiana hot sauce and the sauce that I use is Sweet Baby Rays Hot and Spicy

or

Chicken Tex-Mex(Makes 2 servings)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup fat-free Italian dressing
1 can (16 ounces) mexican-style stewed tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 jalapeno chile peppers, minced1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro1/4 cup (1 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese or shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese1 cup brown rice
1. Place the chicken in a 13” x 9” baking dish. Pierce in several places with a fork. Pour the dressing over the top, turning to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the tomatoes (with juice), garlic, peppers, and cilantro. Simmer for 20 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup of the tomato mixture. Pour the remaining tomato mixture over the chicken.
3. Bake the chicken for 40 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 160°F and the juices run clear. Sprinkle with the cheese.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to package directions. Stir in the reserved 1/4 cup tomato mixture.
Serve with the chicken.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:16 PM
JK Jedi

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9541.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	27246   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9545.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	27247  
Old 07-19-2009, 08:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by doojer

Uh huh
Old 07-20-2009, 06:55 AM
JK Junkie

Thanks Shoup! I will have to start a separate Word Document on my computer of all the great chicken options I am getting. Can't wait to try these.

That fish dinner looks great! And the ribs look like they would melt off the bone!

Originally Posted by Shoup
Barbecue Chicken(Makes 6 servings)
1/4 cup low-fat vinaigrette dressing, such as sun-dried tomato
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons spicy barbecue sauce
12 skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed of visible fat (about 3 pounds)
1. In a small bowl, combine the dressing, Worcestershire sauce, and barbecue sauce. Place the chicken in a large, shallow dish and pour the marinade on top, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.2. Preheat the grill to high. Grill the chicken pieces, turning often, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 170°F, the juices run clear, and the chicken is golden on all sides.

Also I add a bit of Louisiana hot sauce and the sauce that I use is Sweet Baby Rays Hot and Spicy

or

Chicken Tex-Mex(Makes 2 servings)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1/2 cup fat-free Italian dressing
1 can (16 ounces) mexican-style stewed tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 jalapeno chile peppers, minced1/4 teaspoon dried cilantro1/4 cup (1 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese or shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese1 cup brown rice
1. Place the chicken in a 13” x 9” baking dish. Pierce in several places with a fork. Pour the dressing over the top, turning to coat both sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the tomatoes (with juice), garlic, peppers, and cilantro. Simmer for 20 minutes. Reserve 1/4 cup of the tomato mixture. Pour the remaining tomato mixture over the chicken.
3. Bake the chicken for 40 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 160°F and the juices run clear. Sprinkle with the cheese.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the rice according to package directions. Stir in the reserved 1/4 cup tomato mixture.
Serve with the chicken.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:49 AM
JK Junkie

nice bsack hope your wife rewarded you well for that sweet dinner

good lookin ribs dooj
geez i'm thinking about lunch already
Old 07-20-2009, 12:23 PM
JK Junkie

bsack, looks great! Especially those peppers! I love stuffed and grilled jalepeno's, I'll have to try wrapping them in bacon next time

Doojer, those ribs look awesome I think Im going to do some BBQ chicken this weekend.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Jedi

Default BBQ Buffalo Wings

My wife is from upstate NY, so I have to prove myself to her sometimes.

Marinated them all day in Cholula, oil, lemon juice, garlic and worcestershire sauce. Smoked them with hickory and basted them with Cholula and melted butter. Doojette turned out a pretty kickass blue cheese sauce, too.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9552.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	27308   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9554.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	27309  

Quick Reply: What are you grilling right now?