Notices
Cooking & Grilling General discussion forum regarding kitchen cooking and BAR-B-Q Grilling.

what do you eat?

Old 06-06-2012, 08:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sparkyricky
I have no idea what its called but I take ground sirloin and potatoes carrots and corn with salt and pepper wrap in foil and throw it into the hot fire coals for like 6 hours its like a dry stew
When I was a kid at summer camp we called those "Hobo Burgers". Granted it was only hamburger, carrots and potatoes. Maybe the was some onion in there too... Tried to make them last year at Shamrocked but the high winds and cold ground made it impossible to get coals to cook on. They ended up burning. Coals are the key to cooking on a camp fire!
Old 06-24-2012, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Usually since our area is always in a burn ban, we dig a small hole fill with charcoal and use a fire grate to cook steaks, sausage links, pork chops, hotdogs ect. and foil wrapped new potatoes.

When we can have campfires we usually do the same. Just use the coals from the fire to cook.

Carrying the fire grate is easier than a propane grill for us and when it's windy(always here) you can keep the fire hot. My small propane grill in the wind is the shits to keep lit.

Like the first post said a good sammich and coke a cola is pretty good.

Breakfast we usually cook eggs, bacon, sausage in a small cast iron skillett over the fire on the grate too.

Beer of choice is usually a coors light!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3767731925.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	333376
Old 06-25-2012, 06:35 AM
JK Super Freak

I cook almost every meal while camping except lunch because that's when I'm usually on the road going to another camp site.

Breakfast: Eggs, bacon, omelets, pancakes, or breakfast burritos,

Lunch/dinner: Hot dogs, burgers, beans, chicken, or steak and sometimes a side like corn, potatoes, peas..etc.

Quick Reply: what do you eat?