Notices
Central Canada If you live in the Ontario or Quebec area of Canada and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Anyone going to ROADKILL?

Old 06-02-2008, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone going to ROADKILL?

Just curious...
Old 06-02-2008, 06:44 AM
JK Freak

What is roadkill?
Old 06-02-2008, 07:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

http://www.jeepkings.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=70693

weekend of wheeling, and carrying ons
Old 06-02-2008, 12:34 PM
JK Freak

Yikes...that's this weekend........wow.

Hmm.. we'll see if we can swing out that way, and if not looks like it's going to be fun, so for who ever is going have a blast!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

as always... i am sure it will be a weekend to remember!!!

WOOHOO!!! and i got a daypass from the wife... and it is not a work release!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Road Kll was a huge success

raised over 900 cash and a full trailer load of donations for the Aspen Valley Wildlife Sanctuary in Parry Sound.

great trails, great people, great food, and great CAR CRUSHING ACTION... which raised a good chunk of the money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Y6P8oySFQ

BTW thats me in the JK... good times

Last edited by Rubicon Rando; 06-18-2008 at 04:56 AM.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:16 PM
JK Freak

Umm....wow.

Not trying to be an antagoniser, but I'm actually glad I DIDN'T go to that.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9Y6P8oySFQ

That is not the image we want to portray to anybody.

I'm glad the fund raiser went well for a worth-while agency, but car crushing??

Wow.....I'm a little speechless, I don't think that is the image OF4WD wants to portray is it?!?

Sorry Rando, really am, but I had to say what I did. I'm a little shocked.

On a better note, I'm glad it was a successful event for you, and that you enjoyed yourself, thats what counts in the end.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not my neck of the woods, but I am missing what the controversy about driving over a couple of dead cars is?

I mean, they were empty, right?
Old 06-18-2008, 12:45 PM
JK Freak

If you want to drive over dead cars, don't video tape it.

Its bad press for all of us trying to make the image of the 4x4 enthusiast a positive one.

I'm no "peace-nick hippy" by any means, I did my time in the Army, but I got my aggression out there and left my "Kill-kill-kill" hat on the hook when I walked out that door.

It doesn't demonstrate a care for the public image that we are trying to provide.

As an Expedition and Global Adventure Service, we are trying desperately to maintain a professional and approachable image, further more, an image of respect for safety and the environment......slinging a muddy Jeep over a pile of cars for the purpose of crushing them while backgrounders "whoop and holler" is exactly the opposite of that image, and all public images I have described.

I'm all for a good rocky challenge, in a respectable, lightly treaded way.....I just think this was over the top.

My purposes of speaking on this are strictly to demonstrate our separation from that crowd. That is not something I need our sponsors and supporting organizations thinking that we do.....so for clarification, we don't.
Old 06-18-2008, 04:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zeero
If you want to drive over dead cars, don't video tape it.

Its bad press for all of us trying to make the image of the 4x4 enthusiast a positive one.

I'm no "peace-nick hippy" by any means, I did my time in the Army, but I got my aggression out there and left my "Kill-kill-kill" hat on the hook when I walked out that door.

It doesn't demonstrate a care for the public image that we are trying to provide.

I'm all for a good rocky challenge, in a respectable, lightly treaded way.....I just think this was over the top.

My purposes of speaking on this are strictly to demonstrate our separation from that crowd. That is not something I need our sponsors and supporting organizations thinking that we do.....so for clarification, we don't.
DITO DITO DITO
that video reminds me of back yard wrestling...you know something bad will come out of it someday.

I had a paintball business when i got out of the army, and images of terrorist training is what we had to battle. there is things that are good for off roading and then there are things you just shake your head at and wait how long will it be before one hears about this...

I'm sure from an environmental stand point that the oil was drained, the rads drained, if they had engines in them, brake fluid and diff fluids and auto tranny fluids were all removed steering fluid and washer fluid and whatever other fluids i missed were all properly disposed of and not allowed to contaminate the earth, what about the mercury switches for the hood light. all the broken glass was recovered all scraps and signs of such an event were cleared up and the environment re mediated back to the condition it was prior to such behavior.

this is not impressive and is simply deplorable for our outdoor in the publics eye recreational activity.
Even though this occurred on private land this is what legislation makers get a hold of and it ruins it for many.

hope it was worth putting on youtube.

I'm saving the environment for my kids and my kids, kids and your kids too.

Quick Reply: Anyone going to ROADKILL?