Notices
Camping & Hiking General discussion forum regarding all things camping or hiking including hiking trails, great places to camp, camping or hiking gear and anything related to hiking or camping.

Jeep Camper

Old 04-10-2011 | 04:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JKU Rubicon
Old 04-10-2011 | 04:36 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

These guys are our clients - they tested for 6 months or so and just ordered several RIPP Supercharger kits to convert clients and in house testers... great bunch of guys in Colorado... Defiantly worth stopping by and having a look.

WE ALMOST -- scored a converted rig for our booth in EJS 2011 - missed the opportunity by very little.

RIPPTECH
Old 04-10-2011 | 10:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS

These guys are our clients - they tested for 6 months or so and just ordered several RIPP Supercharger kits to convert clients and in house testers... great bunch of guys in Colorado... Defiantly worth stopping by and having a look.

WE ALMOST -- scored a converted rig for our booth in EJS 2011 - missed the opportunity by very little.

RIPPTECH
Holy crap! Very nice but a bit too expensive to me. $77,000 just for the camper, or $110,000 for the Jeep and Camper. Photos on their website look awesome, definitely a bit jealous!
Old 04-11-2011 | 02:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Nice looking rig. But, does the Jeep ever get hurt feelings because it doesn't have tires as big as the trailer?
Haha best joke I've heard yet today
Old 04-11-2011 | 03:42 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by danmojo82
Haha best joke I've heard yet today
ha ! you guys are funny,, i know it looks stupid..

the trailer was my winter project and the plan was to have the jeep lifted by may 24, and 35's all the way around. thats 7 wheels and tires, new bumpers and tire carrier, $$$$$$$$$$

well i just bought a new house, and the jeep has been put on hold for a bit, i still may have it done by then, but i need a new septic system, and thats 20,000 bucks

Last edited by swampman; 04-11-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 04-11-2011 | 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by swampman
ha ! you guys are funny,, i know it looks stupid..

the trailer was my winter project and the plan was to have the jeep lifted by may 24, and 35's all the way around. thats 7 wheels and tires, new bumpers and tire carrier, $$$$$$$$$$

well i just bought a new house, and the jeep has been put on hold for a bit, i still may have it done by then, but i need a new septic system, and thats 20,000 bucks

Hell, I don't think it looks stupid in the least!! I think it looks like a lot more than what I've got....which is just a ground tent. Your trailer turned out great. Be proud of it.

And post some pics of it deployed!!!
Old 04-11-2011 | 06:46 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by vedo13
Hell, I don't think it looks stupid in the least!! I think it looks like a lot more than what I've got....which is just a ground tent. Your trailer turned out great. Be proud of it.

Yeah! It's one of the best I seen.
X2 on the pics.
Old 04-11-2011 | 06:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rizzo
I have a 16' camper. I will do a spring over and some bigger tires soon. So that I can get it a bit further into the bush. I will never get it up a rock face or through the mud hole but I drag it into a spot and wheel around from there. I also pack two tents with me.
Some of the guys over at Expedition Portal have done some crazy things with those trailers. Check it out someday!

Old 04-11-2011 | 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by vedo13

thanx . i really am quite proud of how it turned out.
i have a few older pics but none since i have rebuilt it for the second time.

Old 04-12-2011 | 12:46 PM
JK Super Freak

This is my T@B trailer:

I don't have the silver JKU anymore. I just bought a new black '11 Rubicon:

I haven't towed the trailer with the new Jeep yet, but I will, as the trailer weighs less than 1,400 lbs, so I am still within towing range with the new 2-dr. I would really like to have a Chaser trailer (or similar) to match my Rubicon, and my husband would like a larger travel trailer to tow behind his pickup. But we do a fair amount of tent camping as well, so for now we'll probably stick with the T@B trailer for a while.

Quick Reply: Jeep Camper