Notices
Aloha State If you live in the Hawaiian Islands and would like to meet some of the great JK-Forum members near to you and/or discuss upcoming trail events, this is the forum for you.

Kauai Rental?

Old 08-04-2009 | 09:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Kauai Rental?

Anyone got any recommendations on renting a Jeep on Kauai? Seen any Unlimited Rubicon Rentals?
Old 08-05-2009 | 05:38 AM
JK Newbie

I can't tell you about a recent trips, but I went about 10 years ago and rented a Jeep. It was really nice to have a convertable, but the Jeep is pretty expensive to rent. I'm sure that all the major car rental places have Jeeps available, or at least they did 10 years ago. I don't know why it would be different now.
Old 09-20-2009 | 12:26 PM
JK Super Freak

well I was on Kauai last feb. and I had a JK it cost me 528.00 for 14 days. although there where Jks everywhere. I dont think I saw one rubi. if you get one, just get the damage waiver. it is 140 miles from one end to the other in two weeks I put on 1700 miles. you must go to the bcak off the MT wiaaliali. the powerline trail there is way knarly. when you get way back there and you see a tree that looks like the bark is peeling off, stop and get out and go to the tree and feel the bark you can actually sink your fingers into the bark. its a paperbark eucalyptis. it is the most incredible island. I will be moving there when the kids are out of college.
Old 09-25-2009 | 07:14 AM
JK Freak

We were in Kauai last July. It seemed like half the cars on the rental lots were JK's, both 2 & 4-door, but they were all X's. I don't think I saw a single Rubicon there.

You'll see a lot of funky things people do with the soft tops because they don't know how to put them up and down properly. Here's something I posted regarding this.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ighlight=kauai
Old 12-28-2009 | 10:30 PM
JK Super Freak

I kind of agree with the above post. Every JK was an X. Not one Sahara or Rubi. Odds are most, if not all, were rentals. After being away from my JK, I was wishing I could have one, even a bone stock X, just to cruise around with the top down.

Quick Reply: Kauai Rental?