Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

1" Body Lift, Wheel Spacers and 35" KM/2's

Old 03-08-2008, 10:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1" Body Lift, Wheel Spacers and 35" KM/2's

Just took some pics of my Jeep during mid lift process. I have everything done except the 2.5" TF BB and still have to paint the wheels. Its amazing that 35's will fit under this thing with only a 1" BL. I took it off road today just to test things out and it rubs quite a bit in the rear where the rocker comes into the fender area when at full flex. Other than that there isn't any rubbing. I really like the look of it right now. Figured some of you might be interested in seeing how far the tires stick out and what it looks like. Here are some pics.

Also just to add, I have 4.10 gears and there wasnt much power loss to be honest. I dont plan on regearing until i get 37's and with the 4:1 transfer case the gears in 4 low are plenty low enough for me with the auto. I am not experiencing alot of down and upshifting on the freeway so far and these tires aren't much louder than the stock tires. Very happy with it so far.

I think my final plan with this thing will be just to add alot of skids, 37's and flat fenders in order to keep a LCOG.

Let me know what you think!

Old 03-08-2008, 10:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Haha thanks, just had to come at it at an angle. Wasn't hard at all.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:58 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how long did it take ya to put that body lift on?
Old 03-08-2008, 12:09 PM
JK Freak

Love the look of it. Nice and low CG and big tires. I guess you have spacers, and I'm pretty sure a small lift with some bump stops and you're set. Wow.

Looks good!
Old 03-08-2008, 12:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by davebloomer
how long did it take ya to put that body lift on?
It took about 2.5 hrs but thats because we were drinking and read the instruction wrong on where to put the larger bolts that come with the kit haha
Old 03-08-2008, 01:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Any issues with the BL install? Is it like the old style kits where you have to move the radiator up and all as well? Any issues with the 4 wd lever or anything else need to be extended?
Old 03-08-2008, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

No issues with the install other than the instructions not being very clear. On JK's with autos you don't need to alter anything. If you have a manual you will have to trim the shifter boot I believe.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:44 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Rubyred, if you wanna plug those 2 rubber stopper holes on your tailgate, they have 9/16" plugs at Lowe's by the specialty fasteners.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Hey Rubyred, if you wanna plug those 2 rubber stopper holes on your tailgate, they have 9/16" plugs at Lowe's by the specialty fasteners.
Yeah I wanted to get something for those holes, thanks for the tip, I'll go grab some today.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:12 PM
JK Junkie

Let's see an FJ with a 1" puck lift do this!!

Originally Posted by RubyRed44

Quick Reply: 1" Body Lift, Wheel Spacers and 35" KM/2's