Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.
View Poll Results: Should i paint the Xenon flares?
Painted black body matched
51.18%
leave them plastic
48.82%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Project: JK (re)build Final touches

Old 06-16-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Project: JK (re)build Final touches

So summer is here, and now i'm in PA ... well these bastids won't let me drive the YJ on the roads and for the $$ i didn't think it was worth it to rebuild it to be legal. well i needed some top down driving, i was going nutz, found this, bought it. now its time to get to work!

purchased 6-13-09

2008 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
11,844 miles
3.8/6spd

Rolled, salvage title, got it at Davey's Jeeps. what a great guy! the jeep was $4500 and for another $100 he gave me both roll bar windshield spreader bars, core support with the head light i needed, drivers fender, and the cowl portion of a passenger fender. then some time this week he is getting another JK in that i might be able to take the hood, windshield frame, pass door shell, spare tire carrier, gas tank skid, and maybe even the axles from (it's a Rubicon). we'll see when that comes in what shape its in.

anyways, there's a lot of little things that were damaged ... i think the dude must have rolled this jeep into a river cuz it hit hard when she landed back on its wheels. i'll let the pictures do the talking there, too much to type out.

plans include first getting it past inspection and on the road. the hard top was fubar from the roll, so i'll be gettin a new soft top, soft doors, and most likely a set of bushwacker flairs. build some rock bumpers, maybe a swing out tire carrier.

all pics here:
http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...pnski/Jeep/JK/

Last edited by 6DoF; 07-15-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:49 PM
JK Newbie

Old 06-16-2009, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

Old 06-16-2009, 12:51 PM
JK Newbie

Old 06-16-2009, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

how i left it the first night.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Progress!!

i got the silt and glass cleaned out of the inside, and the core support back together with the new parts. got it back on the jeep tonight, and got the rear bumper off. tomorrow as long as the steel store has the 2x2 stock i'll get that x-member out and replaced.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

new parts! and considering a new windshield frame is $736, and a door shell is $466 online, i'm stoked!

windshield frame and side brackets - $100
passenger door shell - $100

Old 06-16-2009, 12:53 PM
JK Newbie

just ordered some parts, 4WD had a sale with 20% off the flares, 10% off the soft doors and free shipping.

i looked over all options this weekend on all the JK's that were around, and i liked these the best. not only that but they eliminate parts i don't have. to run stock or bushwacker front flares i would need to buy a stock replacement under flare structure, as well as a pass side marker light. these were the cheapest flares and saved at least $300 in other needed parts

1.5" narrower than stock flares
Old 06-16-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

tonight i got a little done. stopped by a new place i found call the Metal Supermarket. sounded like a good thing right?? no ... this IDIOT at the counter had this god complex like you wouldn't believe. and on top of that they were damn expensive i thought. oh well, got my 4ft of square tube and here is what i did.

turned this:

into this:

and it's been a while since i've melted steel. i'm a little rusty, but don't think she came out too bad
Old 06-16-2009, 12:55 PM
JK Newbie

You do have your work cut out for you. Keep the pics coming. This will be good .

Quick Reply: Project: JK (re)build Final touches