Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Hutchison Beadlock Installation Write-Up

Old 02-07-2007, 10:28 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Arrow Hutchison Beadlock Installation Write-Up

For those of you who've been wanting a set of Hutchison Beadlock Wheels, I just thought I'd let you know that Burnsville Off Road has just completed an installation write-up for it which can now be seen here at Project-JK.com:

Hutchison Beadlock Installation Write-Up

Old 02-07-2007, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those look sweet. I would like to do that with my wheels. Do they rub still being stock?
Old 02-07-2007, 01:48 PM
JK Newbie

What do those Wheels cost? I was considering Bead Locks. Those look nice!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Sponsor

They cost around $500.00 each. They do not rub even when used with 35" tires but I installed them with wheel spacers anyway so that the wheels sat out further.
Old 11-24-2009, 11:21 AM
JK Newbie

Default Hutchinson Beadlock

I have a set on my '09 4 door Rubicon. It was part of the mountain of accessories I asked for when I ordered my Jeep. I have a set of Mickey Thompson 35" Baja Claws on them with a Procomp 4" suspension lift. Needless to say they rubbed real bad. The dealership added some spacers to the front (3/4" I think) and now they just rub a bit. Next year I plan to get a set of Spidertrax 1 3/4" spacers.

As for the Hutchinson Beadlock monster wheels, I feel that these coupled with the Mickey Thompsons set the whole vehicle off! I have put back on for the winter the factory wheels and tires and my Jeep looks "Plain Jane" again. First of all, tires and wheels put together, they maybe back breakingly heavy. The rubber insert will add extra weight that you may not appreciate.

Things one may have to watch for: I opted to have the tire sensors in these as well as they are manufactured for this accessory. I now have ten sensors matched to the Jeep (the speedo still has to be "flashed" when changing tires). The rubber insert has a cutout on it to make room for the sensor. Make sure that this is lined up or you may run the risk of breaking the sensor and having to dissassemble it all over again. The dealership had issues balaning the setup and had a slight vibration around the 85kh/h mark. Will let you know if it dissappears when I rotate and rebalance the tires. When I took them off for the winter one of the tires had a slow leak and was fixed afterwards. Other than that, I have over 25000kms on them and had not any other issues other than the above. I have also waxed the rims and found the flat insides easy to maintain.

I have not yet had the opportunity to "air down" the tires and see how it performs but if the army uses it on their Mercedies...

The only pitfalls I have seen so far is the plating on the nuts are wearing (due to the multiple times they might have replaced the sensor bracket), the weight (My '78 CJ with steel rims & 33"s never weight that much) and the cost.

Last edited by Stuartsbasement; 04-17-2010 at 06:13 AM. Reason: add image
Old 11-24-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stuartsbasement
I have a set on my '09 4 door Rubicon. It was part of the mountain of accessories I asked for when I ordered my Jeep. I have a set of Mickey Thompson 35" Baja Claws on them with a Procomp 4" suspension lift. Needless to say they rubbed real bad. The dealership added some spacers to the front (3/4" I think) and now they just rub a bit. Next year I plan to get a set of Spidertrax 1 3/4" spacers.

As for the Hutchinson Beadlock monster wheels, I feel that these coupled with the Mickey Thompsons set the whole vehicle off! I have put back on for the winter the factory wheels and tires and my Jeep looks "Plain Jane" again. First of all, tires and wheels put together, they maybe back breakingly heavy. The rubber insert will add extra weight that you may not appreciate.

Things one may have to watch for: I opted to have the tire sensors in these as well as they are manufactured for this accessory. I now have ten sensors matched to the Jeep (the speedo still has to be "flashed" when changing tires). The rubber insert has a cutout on it to make room for the sensor. Make sure that this is lined up or you may run the risk of breaking the sensor and having to dissassemble it all over again. The dealership had issues balaning the setup and had a slight vibration around the 85kh/h mark. Will let you know if it dissappears when I rotate and rebalance the tires. When I took them off for the winter one of the tires had a slow leak and was fixed afterwards. Other than that, I have over 25000kms on them and had not any other issues other than the above. I have also waxed the rims and found the flat insides easy to maintain.

I have not yet had the opportunity to "air down" the tires and see how it performs but if the army uses it on their Mercedies...

The only pitfalls I have seen so far is the plating on the nuts are wearing (due to the multiple times they might have replaced the sensor bracket), the weight (My '78 CJ with steel rims & 33"s never weight that much) and the cost.
where is the picture of your set-up(it has been a while for this tread...)

Quick Reply: Hutchison Beadlock Installation Write-Up