Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

My Heated Seats- Toasty Buns!!

Old 09-18-2007, 07:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Heated Seats- Toasty Buns!!

OK Guys
I miss my heated seats from my other cars and wanted it back. So I started today when the parts came in and again- this is what I did- Follow if you dare all on you if you mess up.
Where I got the seat heater kit- http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/pedecafiunhe.html
Paid $200 because I bought 2- Driver & Passenger
The part I didn’t do was take the seat apart and slide the elements in. I brought it to my upholstery guy today and he said no problem. After dropping off my JK I called him and said take pics of what your doing and he said he was already done- less than 1 hour DAM he was FAST. $100
He said it wasn’t too hard because the seats came apart relatively easy and he was able to slide the elements in and peel the secure tape off.

While that was done, I got home and went to work. I took the Passenger seat out and the side of the center console.

I ran the wire to through the console for the drivers seat

And then left the passenger side plugs out. Next I ran the wire along side the console towards the dash and put the console back together.

Now I put the seat back and started on the dash where I wanted the switches.
I pulled to top off and took out the screws.

Next I popped out the bottom panel and took out those screws.

Now the location- the only spot that would really fit was next to the radio. It was really tight. A little to tight. I should have mounted it on the console somewhere, but I was committed. To have it in sight. So let the drilling commence.

Here the switches were a little too long and would push back out when snapping the panel back in and I had to either cut or melt the radio bracket plastic. So I melted with my soldering torch.

That gave me enough clearance and I also had to bend all the tabs down.

Next I wired it up to the accessory wire and grounded it on the lower bolt.

Finished look =)

It works GREAT! 2 stage heating and my wife is Happy Too.

Last edited by DBB888; 09-19-2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:21 PM
JK Junkie

very nice, now if they could just come up with some way to cool seats, I'd be good. Heated seats don't so me much good in the Phoenix area.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scouter4life
very nice, now if they could just come up with some way to cool seats, I'd be good. Heated seats don't so me much good in the Phoenix area.
Easy! Just drive with a cold beer in your lap

serioulsy tho... awesome set up for the seats. switches look stock and Im sure they work great. My wife too misses having heated seats. Might just have to get myself some!
Old 09-18-2007, 07:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Here in Jersey we get down to the single digits and I remember in Feb when I bought my JK there was a draft under the seat the was driving me nuts and I need to find it. Also, the floor heater points directly onto my right foot and I'm going to work on an extension to to make it flow more evenly.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

I may have to invest in this. As I'm up in the snowy mountains alot in the winter. And they are on sale right now too lol. I might as well just add it to the list.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Simply awsome. Definately on my todo list.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

DBB888 your ingeniuty just keeps amazing me! I wish you were my next door neighbor Great work!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FzyPchz
DBB888 your ingeniuty just keeps amazing me! I wish you were my next door neighbor Great work!
You know Bro- I wish you were my neighbor too!! The ones I have are just not mt type of people. Haahaa

Thanks for liking my ideas and projects!!
Old 09-19-2007, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm am truely impressed. I just got my JK this summer, but I think I may want some heated seats in the winter, upstate NY gets pretty cold. Since I want to get seat covers anyways, do you think you could just lay the heaters on the seat then put a seat cover over them?
Old 09-19-2007, 10:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DBB888
You know Bro- I wish you were my neighbor too!! The ones I have are just not mt type of people. Haahaa

Thanks for liking my ideas and projects!!
Just keep 'em coming! It definitely inspires us non mechanically inclined folks to tackle projects

BTW, if I was your neighbor, I would be your "Sis" and I would be probably spend more time at your driveway than you would like

Quick Reply: My Heated Seats- Toasty Buns!!