Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Cool Tech UltraMount Antenna System.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cool Tech UltraMount Antenna System.

Has anybody installed one yet? Any hitches or problems with instructions? I going to do it later on today, or tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default cool tech

I installed the kit. Pretty easy and works well. Really high quality stuff. I don't think you will be dissapointed.
Old 08-25-2007, 04:09 PM
JK Super Freak

I'm stuck on step 10, where you drill the hole. I'm not sure which piece it is supposed to be in. The following steps are confusing as well.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:31 PM
JK Super Freak

OK, me and a buddy figured out where to put the hole for the antenna. I made it a little too big, so I need to put some black RTV around it. Now all I need to do is mount and hook up the CB.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:13 AM
JK Super Freak

OK, I have it mounted on my side of the console. I need to figure where to connect to power. I looked under the hood, but only found one place on the drivers side. I can't get anything else through it. It seems to be solid metal behind it. The rubber grommet flexes enough for me to feel metal behind it. Any ideas?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07rube
OK, I have it mounted on my side of the console. I need to figure where to connect to power. I looked under the hood, but only found one place on the drivers side. I can't get anything else through it. It seems to be solid metal behind it. The rubber grommet flexes enough for me to feel metal behind it. Any ideas?
Hey 07rube, got any pics of that antenna mount for us?
Old 08-27-2007, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Old 08-27-2007, 12:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Alright, already. Hold your horses. Here's some pics.

Notice I put some black sealer around the hole because I drilled it way too big.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Oversize CB Mount Hole

"I put some black sealer around the hole because I drilled it way too big."

Making the hole too big can happen if you are off just a little where you drill the hole and where the mount base needs to poke through. A large rubber washer from the local hardware store that has an inside lip will also work and makes for a clean install. Not really a need to use sealant to keep water out if you simply drill a small hidden hole in the bottom of the license plate bracket (like the mirror mod hole) for water to drain out. Just another option.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks 07rube, that looks like the best antenna mount for a JK so far. I also like the way you're mounting the radio. I have looked inside mine and couldn't think of a good way to mount a CB. So far your idea is looking very good.

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Cool Tech UltraMount Antenna System.