Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Front brake lines on 2012 with Teraflex 2.5 lift?

Old 07-01-2012, 11:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Front brake lines on 2012 with Teraflex 2.5 lift?

Yesterday I put the 2.5 lift kit on and my kit came with a relocation bracket for the rear brake lines but the instructions made no mention of the front brake line. While we had the Jeep up on the lift we disconnected the lower brake line bracket in the front and once everything was done it looked like we would have had to pull pretty hard to reconnect that front brake line bracket.

I did a search on this forum and didn't find anything definative but are you suppost disconnect that bracket and remove it and just route the brake lines out of the way or are people pulling the brakelines down and leaving that lower bracket connected.

I figured I might just buy new front brake lines since they aren't that much. If I go that route what you would you guys recommend?

I see several options.

1) Bracket relocation:
Brake Line Relocation Bracket from Northridge 4x4
I am not 100% sure how this would work but it looks like I could move my bracket up a little which might help.

2) new front lines from crown:
Crown JK Front Extended Brake Lines (JK_FRONT)

3) new lines from Goodridge with brackets:
Goodridge USA D-JKFBL-60 - Goodridge Braided Stainless Front Brake Hose Kit with Relocation Brackets for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 4" Lift - Quadratec

4) new lines from Goodridge with clips:
Goodridge USA D-JKFBL-61 - Goodridge Braided Stainless Front Brake Hose Kit with Clamps for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK with 4" Lift - Quadratec

I am leaning towards the Goodridge with brackets but I am not 100% sure what the pro's and con's of going with brackets over clips.

TIA

Last edited by hypeiv; 07-01-2012 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's what I did. Not my write-up, but it worked for me. It cost me around $10 at Lowes.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...BB-Lift-Design
Old 07-01-2012, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for the tip... I like the idea of moving the lower bracket up rather than moveing the top one down. I will add this idea to my list of options.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see this an older post, but what did you figure out on this. I see you thanked someone for a tip, but their response (tip) wasn't on the thread.

I just installed the teraflex budget boost on my 13 unlimited, and not really liking how tight the front brake lines are with all the weight off of the front axle. I reconnected the brake line bracket under the coil perch on the axle, but think it needs to be changed.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

I put in same kit. Open up the bottom bracket CAREFULLY and pull the brake line out. Done it over 1000 miles ago no issues.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by watson190
I see this an older post, but what did you figure out on this. I see you thanked someone for a tip, but their response (tip) wasn't on the thread.

I just installed the teraflex budget boost on my 13 unlimited, and not really liking how tight the front brake lines are with all the weight off of the front axle. I reconnected the brake line bracket under the coil perch on the axle, but think it needs to be changed.
I just got around to fixing mine yesterday. I removed the brake line from the bracket and removed the bracket completely. I sprayed wd40 in between the brake line and bracket and it slid right out without bending the bracket around the brake line. I then decided to zip tie to the shock between the shock and coil leaving it loose enough to allow the brake line to move up and down without getting into the coil. Now I have plenty of slack on the brake line and no worries of damaging it.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwdanger
I just got around to fixing mine yesterday. I removed the brake line from the bracket and removed the bracket completely. I sprayed wd40 in between the brake line and bracket and it slid right out without bending the bracket around the brake line. I then decided to zip tie to the shock between the shock and coil leaving it loose enough to allow the brake line to move up and down without getting into the coil. Now I have plenty of slack on the brake line and no worries of damaging it.
Yup...
Remove line from bracket. Remove bracket. Zip tie to shock.

That should be good for now, but if you make any further changes to increase drop watch the length as you might need to go aftermarket brake lines at that point,
Old 11-11-2012, 05:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TxJeepers
Yup...
Remove line from bracket. Remove bracket. Zip tie to shock.

That should be good for now, but if you make any further changes to increase drop watch the length as you might need to go aftermarket brake lines at that point,
This is how the AEV kit does it.

Quick Reply: Front brake lines on 2012 with Teraflex 2.5 lift?